Post When You Complete a Game \'07

retroed

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben wrote:

Max Payne - GBA

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow POR's much better but it was good to get back into this and get it completed

that's good to know as I ordered POR over DOS, I'll prob get DOS after I complete POR and Super Castlevania 4 on the VC

POR just seems like more of a breeze to play, it's not easy by any means. It's like fighting Ricky Hatton while Angelina Jolie cups your balls. It does kind of take the gloss of the other games though.

Personally I'd have started with the GBA double pack (and did) but POR is a new story and a great game so it's as good a place to start as any

MegaMan ZX (DS) 08/01/2007

Completed on the bus home tonight making it the first (and perhaps last) MegaMan game I’ve done without referring to guides or walkthroughs. A wonderful little gem of a game that action fans need to check out, the only down side being that the US version came without the voices and just dull text while Japan got the full audio dialogue, maybe next time eh Capcom?

James wrote:

MegaMan ZX (DS) 08/01/2007

Completed on the bus home tonight making it the first (and perhaps last) MegaMan game I’ve done without referring to guides or walkthroughs. A wonderful little gem of a game that action fans need to check out, the only down side being that the US version came without the voices and just dull text while Japan got the full audio dialogue, maybe next time eh Capcom?

I want this game even more now James.......... did you jump for joy on the bus with everyone looking at you like you are a freak?

I love megaman....

The other day in work I got a jock strap of plus 2 healing or something in Final Fantasy 4 and jumped up an proclaimed my joy with a studio of people looking at me asking "what the hell are you playing?"

anyway I love Megaman and really need a traditional style one for my DS, I think this will be a worthy purchase.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - PSP

Sonic the Hedgehog - PSP

Another one from the Sega Genesis Collection finished. Pic below! Wow, this brought back a lot of memories. I don't think I've played all the way through this properly since I was 7 or 8. These are superb emulations of Sega classics, they have to be seen to be believed.

sonic1dw6.jpg

Toejam & Earl (Mega Drive/VC)

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (DS)

Story mode on Normal setting, next it's the challenges, won't bother with Hard mode.

EDIT

And I've finished 'Jam Sessions'! Now to wait for people to attempt to match my scores.

;)

Lost Planet (360) - 13/01/07

A good solid (if sometimes frustrating) action game combining some of the greatest things in life, snow, robots, giant bugs and kick ass guns. However the plot is riddled with more holes than my moth eaten wallet which makes a cinematic game like this one fall to pieces. In fact it would be better to make the plot up yourself, at least then you may have a clue as to what is going on! Oh and the last boss, imagine if right at the end of New Super Mario Bros. the game suddenly turned into a first person shooter with the worlds most awkward controls and you can have an idea of what the end of Lost Planet is like. I hate it when developers think its cool to throw in a totally different playing style right at the end of a game, it just feels cheap and nasty, just like the plot.

Just complete Contra 3 on the SNES :D What a bastard that game is, I'm so glad I can still get through it though.

Now I've gonna pick between Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past (It's been about 10 years since I last completed it, it deserves another run through for being the BEST game ever), Secret of Mana (Again, about 7 years since I last completed it) or Chrono Trigger (As I've never played it :|)

I think it might have to be Zelda. I'm getting an itchy sword finger.