passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post When You Complete a Game \'07

retroed

I've seen this on a couple other forums I frequent, and thought it would be nice to have one here, being the start of a new year and all that. Basically, just put a reply here whenever you finish a game in 2007, any gaming platform is welcome. A few thoughts are also welcome, too.

Copy your list (games only) as it grows and add to it. Include the platform you played the game on, also. I'm doing this partly for my benefit as I start so many games, yet finish so few. Hopefully this topic will help spur me (and others) on, we shall see.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - PSP

As part of the Sega Genesis Collection. Was bloody hard towards the end, thank God for the save system. I'm sure I completed this back in the day also, but I must have been more hardcore then, or cheated. Class game, though.

:)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoD3 (Wii)

Quite bugged (ask Dead Rabbit) and not that pretty looking, fun bits are fun, if you own a 360 get it on that.

Rayman (Wii)

Finally completed this the other day, quite frustrating and no longeivity, will keep it for the multi player.

Call Of Juarez (PC) - Completed on 02/01/07.

Class game finished tonight, Western based FPS published by UbiSoft. Bit short though :)

Nice Idea Ed ;)

Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney (DS) - 26/12/2006

So it was 2006 as opposed to 2007 but what the heck, I loved this game the first time I had a go of it, I remember being sat on the toilet until I had completed the first trial because it was so damn clever but have to admit to hating Case 5, the final one. It was long and tedious, had some of the dullest characters, operated on weird logic (a lot of the solutions had to be guessed at instead of figured out) and just brought the whole package crashing down. Ok so it was nice to have a DS exclusive Case with nice touch screen functions but it just felt so out of place amongst the better cases that it was a real struggle to follow it through.

F.E.A.R. (360) - 02/01/2007

Still can not believe that I swapped Viva Pinata for this! I love FPS games, I love the 360 but this? It wouldn’t look out of place on a PC about four or five years ago. Bland colours (well shades, everything is black), poor weapons, terrible looking enemies, boring levels and few genuine scares. Not to mention the bad collision detection. Going into a black room, with your black gun and having to squint your eyes to make out the black enemies who are lurking in the shadows (just to add more black) does not make a fun game. Roll on Lost Planet, we need you!

MegaMan ZX (DS) - 08/01/2007

Completed on the bus home tonight making it the first (and perhaps last) MegaMan game I’ve done without referring to guides or walkthroughs. A wonderful little gem of a game that action fans need to check out, the only down side being that the US version came without the voices and just dull text while Japan got the full audio dialogue, maybe next time eh Capcom?

Lost Planet (360) - 13/01/07

A good solid (if sometimes frustrating) action game combining some of the greatest things in life, snow, robots, giant bugs and kick ass guns. However the plot is riddled with more holes than my moth eaten wallet which makes a cinematic game like this one fall to pieces. In fact it would be better to make the plot up yourself, at least then you may have a clue as to what is going on! Oh and the last boss, imagine if right at the end of New Super Mario Bros. the game suddenly turned into a first person shooter with the worlds most awkward controls and you can have an idea of what the end of Lost Planet is like. I hate it when developers think its cool to throw in a totally different playing style right at the end of a game, it just feels cheap and nasty, just like the plot.

Rainbow Six: Vegas (360) - 02/02/07

This may have been my first tactical shooter but by no means will it be the last as I absolutely loved it. Vegas looks gorgeous, your team kicks ass, the combat is intense and a soundtrack that John Woo would be proud to have accompany his bullet ballets. There are some niggles, getting killed by a near invisible sniper within centimetres of a check point (and thus having to redo the past few shoot outs) or how the guns, to me at least, don’t seem to have differences from one to the next (they all kill you or others within fractions of a second anyway) but the sheer quality of this title, not to mention the realistic ending, plethora of on line modes and fun character creation tools more than make up for any short comings. This is the game you need to be playing guys!

Call of Duty 3 (360) - 10/02/07

What happened to the Russians?!? That aside it was another excellent instalment of the epic franchise and it was nice to see the Polish and Canadians get a look in this time around. The graphics are nothing short of amazing and the soundtrack is one of the best ever recorded, the tank/jeep levels are as exciting as they should be and other missions make up a wonderful world war extravaganza. On line is even better with War mode being my, and I’m sure many others, favourite with some frantic 24 man battles choc full of explosions, tanks, snipers, air strikes, smoke grenades and sticky bombs. War never felt so good as it does here.

Dead Rising (360) - 16/02/07

At long last I got around to seeing Frank West escape from the overrun shopping mall. I used to hate this game, repetitive and cheap, but once you get accustomed to the idea of playing it just to level up before taking on the game for real, it all starts to fit into place. You can’t fault a game that lets you stick coat hangers into zombie heads, beat them to death with stuffed toys, use katana swords to hack through gangs of cultists or dress up as a woman and fall over when running in high heels. You can see this was more of an experiment game than anything else but if the franchise is set to take off, count me in as a first class passenger.

Hendo wrote:

Yeah, he also forgot to mention that it was on casual mode.

:)

Casual mode? Is that where you play as a football hooligan, and the guns are replaced with broken bottles and molotov cocktails?

1. I played co-op as it was more entertaining

"NOOOOOOOO Hendo keep in the light" for example was one of the most entertaining things from my point of view

2. I dont play console shooters no matter how i have my axis configured i always look to the wrong way when trying to aim (something i am now getting the hang of)

3. When you this shit at shooters casual is the way to go. I have since gone back on the nxt difficulty lvl and am having fun playing that

4. Due to the previous comments Hendo is no longer allowed to play Gears as i now need to complete it on hardcore with no assistance to recover my "uber gamer" status :P

Hendo stop crying now i will let you play Halo on co-op with me instead