passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Golden Axe.

errm.... I had this game originally for the megadrive and have vague memories of picking it up just for the two player every now and again, I remember it being pretty crap.

So I bought it again as you do, and yeah it's still crap, unfortunatly the good game fairies haven't come along and changed it whilst I was ageing. The game is horrendously short with terrible 2 bit sound that was bad even for the megadrive, the graphics are reasonably colourful and not too bad to look at.

So all in all there isn't much going for it......... but......... for some reason I still love it, I think it is just the two player, and the fact it is so bad it is a real laugh to play with a friend. If you want cheap 2 player thrills there are probably better games out there but then that's why this is so good, cos it sucks so hard.

Fedex wrote:

errm.... I had this game originally for the megadrive and have vague memories ... I remember it being pretty crap.

How dare you? I remember cycling to Lossiemouth (all of six miles away) as a kid to play the arcade. OK, the Megadrive version was slightly poorer. Slightly. Maybe mostly.

The game is horrendously short

Sure you're not playing easy mode eh? No? Oh.

with terrible 2 bit sound that was bad even for the megadrive

Eeeeer, I'll have to give you that one.

for some reason I still love it, I think it is just the two player, and the fact it is so bad it is a real laugh to play with a friend.

Eeeeexactly, it's a multiplayer experience.

it sucks so hard.

That was uncalled for.

This was an anonymous post on behalf of the Golden Axe Foundation.

What, it wasn't anonymous? Fuck.

haha chin your post made me laugh :)

you make some good points, all though I was merely pointing out that it's the fact that this game is shit that I really like it, it is a 2 player laugh, back then and still is now, the fact that it is shit is what gives it it's 2 player laughs.

This game has no single player experience at all, in 2 player it is awesome fun. Just to clarify, I do like this game and am glad I bought it Chin, please call that axe wielding dwarf and tell him it was all a misunderstanding, he won't leave my house.

Fedex wrote:

Chin, please call that axe wielding dwarf and tell him it was all a misunderstanding, he won't leave my house.

That's just my homeless friend, Stumpy Gordon. I told him he could camp at yours for a bit. He's quite good at chess, though, and origami.