passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Asphalt Urban Racing 2

Noize

First, let's say I'm a fan of the first Asphalt Game. It is really underrated in my opinion.

So I was anticipating the second one very much.

Boy, I was let down.

Choppy frame-rate, car handling is now a joke (press the d-pad for more than 1.5 second and it's powerslide time, EVERYWHERE), and they added a bunch of unnessecary features that distract from the main objective of the game (collecting coins to gain boosts, bonus when evading cops)...

While I'm all for innovation in game and not only doing the same thing with only little new content added, there such a thing called "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". The graphic engine of the first game ran at a smooth, constant 30 fps or so, and this new game runs at about 10-15 fps TOPS. Yes, it is THAT bad. Especially since I don't notice an improvement in graphics. In fact, all the courses from the 1st seems to be in there, and those I seen actually look WORSE. So, really, WTF????

If you're looking for a new DS racer, DON'T BUY THIS GAME. At least, not until you've tried it first.

If you haven't played the first one, you might enjoy it. But if you were expecting a true and proper sequel, don't get near this piece of crap.

I still can't believe they messed up the game that bad...

I was planning on getting this at some point, but reviews I've read, including yours just now are making me have second thoughts. It's quite surprising because the N-Gage version was far better than the original.

To be honest, I quite liked the addition of the money bonuses and turbo power-ups. Outrunning the police and smashing into them was quite fun too.

alistair_thomas wrote:

I was planning on getting this at some point, but reviews I've read, including yours just now are making me have second thoughts. It's quite surprising because the N-Gage version was far better than the original.

To be honest, I quite liked the addition of the money bonuses and turbo power-ups. Outrunning the police and smashing into them was quite fun too.

Well, most reviews say that the game IS better than the original, however, I strongly disagree as I was bored to tears in minutes with it, while I played for MONTHS with the first one...

What I liked about the first game was the arcade-fun car handling and the smooth graphics. Both of these are now gone from the second game in favor of unstable car handling that make you drift as soon as you hit the D-pad and a 10-15 fps AT BEST. Also, the feeling of speed from the first game is now largely gone (due to the poor framerate).