passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time

RivaOni

I've had this on N64 since early 2003 and prety much loved every moment of it right up until the Water Temple, once I started struggling in there my temper flaired up (the ONLY time a game has angered me enough to get ratty with other people, not even ZOE2 does that to me) and the missus banned me from playing it, she lifted the ban about a year later, so this is 04 now and I still couldnt get out of the Water Temple, I more or less chucked it to one side, returning to it every now and then to see if I could do it, it took until the day before Shadow of the Colossus was released for me to do so.

then SotC took over my gaming life, and other stuff has pretty much done the same inbetween now and then, although I've always slotted the cart in for a quick go. Up until the other day I'd gotten half way through the Spirit temple.

now though, I can lay this game to rest on my "completed pile" its grown quite a bit this year compared to previous years, maybe my attention span's getting better! As I finished it last night, I completed the Spirit Temple Saturday I believe, and then finished off the puzzle parts of Ganon's Castle.

Last night I managed to finish off the final two bosses, which I have to say, are great even now something like 10(?) years after its original release, although I found the ending to be quite anti-climatic, and the credit sequence a bit of a rip off of the end of Return of the Jedi.

One last thing, is it supposed to just freeze on the brown screen of Link and Zelda meeting for the first time with "The End" on it or is it supposed to do something afterwards?

Oh, and the number under your name on the load game screen, is that how long it took you to finish it or something else?

Well congrats on finally finishing it, I have a similar problem with Majora's Mask. I spent a whole day getting all the masks, including the very hard to get Wedding Mask, got to the end game boss and he just kicked my ass. I turned it off in rage, remebering afterward that i hadnt saved it (like an idiot) ALL DAY. Never gone back....

The number unber your name may be the amount of times you died? Im pretty sure most Zelda games quote that.

And yea, im pretty sure it just freezes at the end. I hate that.

• 5 weeks later...

I loved Majoras mask, figuring out where everyone would be and then getting all the masks, but the little games at the end when you get to the moon and trade the masks really got me annoyed but the fierce diety mask was worth it, take that boss slags:woohoo:

Talkin of freezing, i have the Zelda collectors edition for the GC which i got off ebay awhile ago, mainly cos i never got to play majora's mask... thing is i dunno if its a dodgy disc or cos of a bad convertion to the gamecube but my copy of MM has an annoying knack of crashing when im in the middle of doing something... needless to say i havent played on it for months as it pissed me right off!

Might re-try it on my Wii an see if it still does it...

• 14 years later...

Hey Listen this game had over the shoulder aiming back in ‘98

FFwnDqmUUAAqTSH?format=jpg&name=large

You can only move left and right and aim up and down, and there’s no reticle so aiming is super hard but it’s there. 

This game has 3 different ways to aim the slingshot. First person, 3rd person with lock on and over the shoulder strafing. How crazy is that for a controller with one stick?

This game also looks awesome on the OLED and so far I haven’t seen any graphical issues at all. 

• 4 weeks later...

That's cool. Not that I give a shit about Zelda.

I'd like to look into those component to hdmi things you can get for retro consoles. But I can't fit my elgato in my PC since getting the 3070.

If you're into old nintendo games, you should also look into bsnes. It's a 100% accurate SNES emulator., an insane effort for games preservation far beyond anything nintendo themselves are prepared to do that requires a good computer to run (which you got now). Tho if you've questions about that put it in the pc q's thread lmao.