passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The N64 is Great Thread

Centy

OK well im a complete Whore for the N64 its my favourite Console and for the last couple of years im buying all the excellent games i couldnt afford as a poor Teenager.

My collection is below

1080 Snowboarding

Armourines Project SWARM

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

Blast Corps

Body Harvest

Buck Bumble

Castlevania

Conkers Bad Fur Day

Diddy Kong Racing

Donkey Kong 64

Duke Nukem Zero Hour

Excitebike 64

Extreme-G

F-1 World Grand Prix

Fighting Force 64

F-Zero X

G.A.S.P. Fighters NEXTream

Goldeneye 007

GT64

Hexen

Hybrid Heaven

Jet Force Gemini

Lylat Wars

Mario Golf

Mario Kart 64

NBA Courtside

Operation Winback

Perfect Dark

Pokemon Stadium

Quake II

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing

StarWars Episode 1 Racer

StarWars: Rogue Squaderon

Super Mario 64

The World is Not Enough

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Top Gear Over Drive

Turok 2 Seeds of Evil

Turok Dinosaur Hunter

Turok Rage Wars

Twisted Edge Snowboarding

Wave Race 64

Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey 98

Wetrix

WWF No Mercy

all bar 4 are cart only and im currently on the look out for the following

Superman 64

Quake

Doom

Duke Nukem

Zelda Ocarina

Zelda Majoras Mask

Rakuga Kids

Killer Instinct

Spacestation Silicon Valley

Resident Evil 2

Mortal Kombat

Mischief Makers

Mission Impossible

Kirby Crystal Shards

Rainbow Six

Shadows of the Empire

Pokemon stadium 2

Goemon Mystical Ninja

Pilot Wings

Super Smash Bros

Mario Party 1-3

Yoshi's Story

Paper Mario

Mario Tennis

I had a few of them (both lists) - the N64 was a great machine but with some flaws, not least the ultra expensive carts and not as many games as the PS1.

Shame it died, even bigger shame that I sold my first one!

:(

Banjo, Blast Corps and Wetrix were some of my favourite games that weren't all that popular.

Dude, that's some list! I only have about 8 N64 games.

What the hell is Superman64 doing on your wants, you want to own possibly the worst N64 game ever made? :P I had Super Smash Brothers on the 64, but sold it a few months ago. I got it in a bundle with 3 other games, console and pads for £25. Then sold SSB for £20, so not all bad.

I still have my original N64 (mint in box, of course), with Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, GoldenEye, Diddy Kong Racing, Zelda: OOT, Bomberman, and one or two others. There were some blinding games on the 64, hell I played GoldenEye solidly on multiplayer and single, Mario Kart multiplayer was awesome, and Mario 64 was an amazing achievement. But, it's the console I have the least amount of games for, and it hasn't aged too well graphically in my opinion, the graphics look blurry and muddy.

RetroEd wrote:

What the hell is Superman64 doing on your wants, you want to own possibly the worst N64 game ever made? :P

To appreciate the truely quality games you have to know what the opposite end of the scale is like plus its fairly rare which means me wanty.

I second this thread with N64 greatness and plan to ooh and ahh you with photo's of my collection.

I too am on the look out for Kirby and Spacestation, but im a mint condish fan and that makes the dream even more harder.

Any chance of a photo of your N64 collection 50 Centy?

The N64 must be the one console that I’ve bought the most times! I think I’ve gone through about three or four over the years but as others have said, it really hasn’t stood the test of time, so chances are I won’t be getting one again.

What about the ultra camp Pokemon Snap eh?

I was a very late comer to the N64 fold, and I'm not all that convinced as to why its loved.

Dont get me wrong, tis a good console and all, and I had played one when you could still buy new games for it, but only in multiplayer form and very rarely (very rarely saw the lad from my group of friends who owned one), plus it was mainly limited to smash bros and goldeneye. I found the former too random and the latter well, I had barely played it, while 2 of the others played it none stop and knew the levels inside out, so I didnt really PLAY it, more a case of being cannon fodder.

I own one now, and was addicted to Ocarina of Time for a while but got banned from playing it for about 6 months after getting incredibly angry at the Water Temple (I've beaten that area now but not finished the game)

Top games I own:

Goldeneye

Lylat Wars (I LOVE)

F Zero X

Ocarina Of Time

Mario 64

Theres probably others but theyre the ones that come to mind immediatly and I'm in too much of an impatient mode to dig them all out today!

Used to have an N64 can't remember what happened to it. That console had undoubtedly 2 of the greatest games of all time on it, quite an achievement seeing as most consoles don't even get one.

Unfortunatly I was reasonably young at the time of this console I think I was around 15 something like that, so I couldn't really afford many games for it and gave up and got a second hand PS1 in the end for it's cheapness glory.

I can still kick anyones ass on Goldeneye using only remote mines though, you remember that glitch to get in the vents in the facility level. :P

Another game I had a barrel of laughs on was Extreme-G anyone remember that one?

Chinzon wrote:

What? No WipEout 64? Shame on you! :evil:

currently watching a copy on ebay and i think pokemon snap will be one i'll get eventually.

As for the N64 not standing the test of time i think thats true in a way but the N64s platformers like Conker, Banjo and M64 still stand as the best examples of the genre and how long has it been that most console shooters still havent equalled the quality of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

I will get round to getting pics up of all my carts 2 N64s and 2 surviving controllers the rest met with a slightly violent death in my frustrations at the WWF games.

• 3 weeks later...

I think my finest moment on the 64 has got to a be a toss up between four player bomberman and four player diddy kong racing, In a Plane!!

obviously ocarina and Majora.

But for sheer fun and enjoyment its the multiplayer, hopefully virtual console games for the 64 will be online enabled. Does anybody know?

Chinzon wrote:

sambobjammin wrote:
But for sheer fun and enjoyment its the multiplayer, hopefully virtual console games for the 64 will be online enabled. Does anybody know?

I don't believe so :(

don't be so sure, rumours have been spread and it is entirely possible.