passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe

spatular

Played this over the last few weeks, its only really the 2nd 2d standard kirby game ive played (robobot being the other). Its a sort of basic platformer where you get all different powers copied from enemies, like theres one that turns you into a sort of streetfighter character doing dragon punches and stuff, a superman type character, electric attacks, fireballs, everything. And you can sometimes get super powered up and go nuts with a massive sword or turn into a giant snowball

Spoiler

The bits at the end of the snowball bits, where you become he head of a snowman or something to unlock hidden stuff, are cool

- the different powers are what i think makes it fun. Overall i enjoyed it, its often a lot of fun. There are some boring bits mind and i just sort of beat the bosses by well i dont know but not with skill anyway. I sort of like that its easy though as im not good at these sort of platformers. I dont think its as good as robobot.

the challenge levels are really good though, you unlock them as you get tickets which you find in levels and theyre like shorter score/time attack levels based on a specific power up, you can go for gold/silver/bronze medals, i mostly got silver, a few golds too, some of which took many retries. Theres about 10 of them, shame there arent more.

exploration to find hidden stuff was fun sometimes

theres loads of other stuff you unlock but seems to be mini games, that you can play on your own but seemed more aimed at multiplayer so i only tried a few of those.

overall this was pretty good, recommended if youre after playing some more kirby, but probably not the best one.

edit - this was originally a wii game, not sure what changes there are in the deluxe switch version.