passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Norco

radiofloyd

I’m blitzing through games now. Norco is a point and click adventure game set in New Orleans. The location alone gives it a very strong Gabriel Knight vibe. I say point and click adventure but Norco is closer to a conversation ‘em up.

ss_fd039036baa785338537528659270259a00fb

ss_ffbf44cd5f9311994095b576cf2914b7ca717

Most of the gameplay in the first hour plays out through conversations.  Similar to games like Read Only Memories and Va-11 Hall A, and of course, Disco Elysium, without the rpg elements. The game also has a strong Kentucky Route Zero vibe. Let’s see if it lives up to the reviews.

Finished after about 6 hours. I’d give it a solid 8/10. I wouldn’t give it a rapturous 94% like PC Gamer or the kind of glowing review that Eurogamer gave it.

I’m not the kind of person who’s into philosophy or intellectual discussions…and I’m not one to overly analyse games that I play. Just give me a good story and wrap it up nicely at the end. Norco does have a cool story but it’s not a concrete story, it’s got a little bit of that Twin Peaks style ambiguity to it

As a game, it’s simple and functional, so it all comes down to what you get out of the story. The ending didn’t particularly elevate it for me in any way, which is a shame.

If you like games like KRZ and Disco Elysium then it’s a safe bet that you’ll like it I think, but I wouldn’t call it a point and click classic.