passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Craymen Edge

Tinykin is a 3D platformer collect-em-up, reminiscent of something from the N64/PS1 era (but a smoother, more modern experience, naturally).

You travel around the levels amassing a bunch of different coloured pikmin-like critters which have different abilities, solve some very light puzzles to complete a bunch of tasks to earn an object and open the way to the next level.

It's cute and plays well, it just keeps you going without putting obstacles in the way of your enjoyment. It's nothing earth-shattering, just a simple fun game. I played it on game pass, starting on Thursday night, and completing it the next evening. It felt like time well spent.

Yeah ive been playing this on gamepass too, its really good, but i couldnt explain why its really good, like Craymen says the platforming, puzzling, exploring and pikmining are all quite easy, its just a well made nice fun game, everything works well. I didnt really pay much attention to what i was supposed to be doing, just explored and collected stuff and did stuff and eventually the level would be completed. Took about 7 hours, Think if id payed attention i could have finished it faster. Recommended.

I’m loving this too. It’s very addictive and relaxing. My only complaint might be that it’s quite basic and linear. There’s no experimentation needed really as it points everything out. Locks on to everything and makes it very clear about what’s needed.

But having put it on and unable to stop playing until I had to I’m pleasantly surprised by it. Given the 3D platforms over the past few years that have come and failed it’s nice to see this studios 2nd game being like here’s how you do it, and it’s seemingly come out of nowhere.

Looking forward to diving back in.

image.gif

• 3 months later...

I’ve just completed and 100%’d this. I absolutely adored it. The level design in particular is top notch, just the way the levels open up and how it gives you constant shortcuts everywhere making it so easy to explore is superb. Just feels great to play too. For me this clicked in a way people talk about Nintendo games clicking with them in just a design and feel way but never do for me. 

As has been said it is just a little too simple though and missing that little bit of extra X factor to turn it into a 9-10/10 game. Don’t let that take anything from it though. I wouldn’t even know what to add & cant think of any way you could actually improve it but it is missing something to put it into higher echelons. 

I recommend everyone at least t try it. I really wasn’t sure as the art design and Pikmin comparisons really turned me off trying it but it ended up as one of my top games of the year.