passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Assassin's Creed Mirage

DisturbedSwan

Yeah, I know that, you can do that in AC1 as well. But you have to account for that in the design of the game as well then, characters need to tell you where to go and you need to be able to get there, or the world layout should make it easy to achieve. The reason it worked so well in BOTW is cause there's landmarks everywhere that can situate where you are and also are the thing you are trying to reach.

Tbh tho I can't say one way or the other whether Valhalla does that also cause I dropped it after 7 or 8 hours, but just to say that turning off HUD isn't enough (as I learned when I tried to play Skyrim VR without a HUD, it is impossible to actually do quests like that cause nobody tells you where to go to find stuff, unlike Morrowind)

I really liked Valhalla. Even though it is still filled with busy work and clearing out zones by completing lists of activities, I thought the actual activities themselves had more thought out in to them and were less copy and paste than they have been before. For example a common thing you find everywhere is a chest locked in a building, but working how to get in was usually quite challenging and took a lot of exploring to do. So repetitive objective, but not a recycled challenge. 

Which is better than say Unity where it was like there’s 250 chests you just have to walk up to them and open it. That was a really bad and brainless content

The problem with Valhalla is it’s just too long. Even though I think they really put more effort in to the content, the sheer amount of it kills itself and it becomes boring. If the game were half the size it would be twice as good

But even though there are improvements in Valhalla I still prefer the style and idea to classic AC. So Mirage is a game I’m actually really excited about. A return to that type of game with the modern improvements, could be really great 

The whole 120 hours I spent with Valhalla I was never bored, absolutely loved it from almost (it has a bit of a slow start) start to finish. Absolutely phenomenal game with an innovative approach to it's main story telling. 

Not the place for Valhalla impressions though. Mirage looks promising, as someone who disliked AC1 though I really hope it doesn't lean too much into that and takes more of an AC2 approach but maybe with an added emphasis back on assassinations.

• 8 months later...

Yeah they've gone back to the series roots with this, city is apparently roughly the size of Paris in Unity. 

Features Basim from AC Valhalla for those that have played that and will likely tie into his overall plot in the 'real world' and animus/historical sections of the lore and games as without spoiling anything, he traverses both. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...