passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gothic 1 Remake

one-armed dwarf

Sort of weird this came out just now, as I lined the original of this one as my Morrowind followup just today. 

The original game is a very weird and hardcore kinda WRPG from the early 00s where the main character is controlled like it's been done by a chipmunk driving a tank, also some stuff in it about wizards, a miner colony and a King. The premise is you're a miner trapped in a colony that's underneath a big bubble created by said wizards, and it also goes into the micro communities that emerge within it. It and its (much more positively received) sequel received plaudits for having highly reactive worlds with lots of cool unique possibilities for different playthroughs.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Another trailer

This is clearly a trailer designed to set minds at ease if you played the original game*, while looking a bit baffling if you've not. Reason being is the demo from a few years ago was poorly received as being a bit too action focused, while this trailer focuses a lot on social interactions and the prison hierarchy

Looks like they've got the right idea though, ending it with the MC getting his face smashed in.

*or Elex, or Risen, which also do the same thing Gothic does

Don't think I've ever played Gothic (not sure why, as 2000-10 was my peak PC gaming period) - but I have enjoyed the Risen & Elex games - and the trailer has the same gritty edge that Kingdom Come Deliverance had, so sounds like it's my sort of thing.

Now whether I'll go for the Gothic Classic NS port, or just hang on for the remake, depends on price (& whatever else I'm playing).