passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Alone in the Dark Reboot

Maf

it's an interesting setting and tone, I'm not sure they've really nailed the look though, it looks a bit cheap and janky, but then it's not out yet so there's time to polish that up.

At this point, you can pretty much do whatever with Alone in the Dark. It started out as a Poe esque horror, Resident Evil took its most interesting moments and ran with them, since then it's not really found its place. The one that came out on the Dreamcast is probably the last one that felt like the old games, so I'm all for them doing something different with it 

This was part of the THQ Nordic showcase yesterday and they were presenting it by saying they’re taking themes and ideas from the older games in the series, but spinning it in to something new. I think they said there’s two playable characters as well who are both brand new to the series

The only one I played was the opening hour of the X360 game which was fucking horse shit. 

So no investment from me, but the trailer seemed cool. It’s not an indie game, but definitely feels like it has a budget. 

• 9 months later...

Right, so this is actually a reboot/reimagining of the first game - now I'm pretty enthused for it, esp. as the release date comes around the autumn (always feels better to play this sort of game when it's still dark in the morning / earlier in the evening).

Fab.

• 3 months later...

It's a bit weird to push it back quite so far (just to decouple from other releases, and miss out on Halloween inspired sales) which might suggest it's some way off from actually being finished.

Someone on Gamecentral suggested they'd not really showcased any actual gameplay videos (which seems odd if it was close to completion).