passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Live A Live

DANGERMAN

I'm enjoying this so far. It's broken up in to chapter's, time periods really, with a new character in each. I presume at some point they all tie together in some way but I've not seen it yet. Some are more interesting than others and some are longer than others. The prehistoric chapter was humour filled fun, the Chinese one a more traditional story of master training student, and I really enjoyed that chapter. The Japan one I found a bit irritating initially, it can be a bit of a faff to get around, but it gets a lot more interesting towards the end.

Combat wise, it's kind of traditional srpg tile based moves, so a ranged attack might only be able to hit 2 rows in front, magic can do AOE. There's affinities, with enemies being weak or resistant to certain attack type's, and status effects that go along with that. If your meter is full, you can only attack when it's full, then you can move around and potentially avoid attacks

It's good so far, I think I'll actually finish it

• 2 weeks later...

I put this down for a week because of the Steam Deck turning up, but I went back to it yesterday.

Kind of fortunately I was up to Present Day which is the shortest chapter by a distance. It's just a series of wrestling matches with the point being to take a few kits and learn your opponents moves. It's a fun concept and a nice change from the lengthier chapters I've already done

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to finish this tonight. It's not any great spoiler to say that there's more to do after you've beaten the different chapters, but there's more than I expected. It's also possible that I'm now massively overleveled , so while I'm not particularly happy with my team, it might just not matter

The below doesn't really have any big spoilers in it, it's about how the final chapter works, but I've hidden it because you know what people are like

Spoiler

I'm using a guide for the final chapter as you have to find members for your party dotted around the map. There's also dungeons for each character that provide you with their best weapon, and hopefully some better gear. Either way they're a good way to level up

Unless I missed it, the game doesn't seem to tell you about most of this, that's the old SNES jrpg legacy I guess. There is a bit of text at the start of the chapter tbf, but without the context it didn't seem to click for me, so I'd recommend a guide

Anyway, off to the final boss once I get back from work