passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

E3-like thread - All the updates and shows

mmmark

9 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Couldn't this all be put in the Summer Game Fest thread? Most of it anyway, that is essentially 'E3' now and has the SGF branding on that tweet from Devolver already.

Just because you stroke Geoffs ego doesn’t mean @Maf has to. SGF is one show isn’t it? One long bad show. 

15 hours ago, mmmark said:

Just because you stroke Geoffs ego doesn’t mean @Maf has to. SGF is one show isn’t it? One long bad show. 

Stroke Geoff's ego? 🤔 ok.

Not sure what poor Maf has to do with it either? I never mentioned him 😂

But no, SGF isn't just one show, the SGF logo is over a load of events across June, including the Devolver Showcase, the State of Play from last week, the Xbox presser and other stuff. 

Just let it die at this point, saw lots of industry figures sniggering at this announcement yesterday. 

It would be nice if it came back in a big way with Sony, Microsoft, EA etc. all back on board and a big show like in 2018 but I can't ever see that happening now, the horse has left the barn on that one. They killed it for themselves with letting the general public in at the same time the Journalists are there to do interviews, preview games etc. who then struggled to make appointments and had to queue with the general public for access to games.

Every major publisher now has their own show/showcase in and around E3, I just don't really see the point anymore in it.

What they should've done in hindsight is pretty much just copy Gamescom who do 2 trade days and then 3 general public days but the ESA being the ESA they didn't. 

On 08/06/2022 at 11:21, DisturbedSwan said:

They killed it for themselves with letting the general public in at the same time the Journalists are there to do interviews, preview games etc. who then struggled to make appointments and had to queue with the general public for access to games.

Idk about that. You want it scrapped because the public got involved which was a shame for journalists (who had I think two days by themselves before public access) and instead you want them all to be digital so no one gets access and is limited to the few bigger sites like ign?

I think there’s a happy medium where both digital and stage shows can exist. Like a 6 month gap. E3 in summer. E3 digital in winter. 

I'm happy to watch any video game show/event but Xbox is the only one left I really care about (Unless there are Nintendo Directs coming up?) so I got to be very careful of leaks. 

What I want to see is at least 5 minutes of Fable 4. Good overview of that game and what it will be like. 

I want to see them finally drop ESO on PC Game Pass. They just put out a new expansion. It's mad that ESO is on Xbox GP but not PC GP. 

I want to see new features for Xbox like they've done with VRR/FPS Boost. I don't know what they can do but that would be cool. Resolution boost? 

Improved sharing options/functionality 👀

I don't know what else. Some cool Game Pass drops and see if they've got strong Oct-Dec line up this year. Just a good, cool show. Some nice surprises, make it fun.

EDIT: Also I hope E3 does come back proper and Sony get their shit together and take part again. Yes E3 is all marketing but it's also a feel good video game event. Whether it makes sense for companies financially I'm not sure but it should be more about the fun, excitement and infusing the industry with new cool shit instead of worrying about the bottom line. It brings everybody in, everybody watches, it's the most eye'd video game event of the year (Or was). 3 Days of awesome. Do it for the people! 

20 minutes ago, Maf said:

3 Days of awesome

This is how I feel... Microsofts and Sonys presentations before the actual show were great... rather than this piecemeal bullshit we get now.

In regards to the Microsoft leak if anyone posts it here please use the Spoiler tags.👍

just to say, I watched the Game Radar (Future Games Show or something like that?) yesterday, and it was the best of the shows I've seen so far. Well presented and with some interesting looking games. Not much big, but more than just stuff we already knew about. Plus Bright Memory is coming to Switch which will make an interesting Digital Foundry video at least