passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Callisto Protocol

Nag

I honestly thought we had a thread for this but I can't find it... anyway, first gameplay and release date.

The Callisto Protocol launches for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC on 2nd December 2022.

This looks great, some good stuff coming for horror fans.

Looks amazing!!!

Straight to the top of my most anticipated. Gutted it’s on last gen too but that’s the norm I guess. Another year and they’re still holding games back with last gen machines. Sigh. 

48 minutes ago, OCH said:

This looks more worthy of your money than the Dead Space remake, Nag. Original creators making a spiritual successor and not shilling another redux.

No reason not to get both.👍

It's a great few months lined up,  this in December, Dead Space for January and Resi 4 in March (if these dates don't slip)... give us a Silent Hill release in February and things couldn't look much better.

• 1 month later...

Watching that gameplay above, it does look good but I'm kinda with och in thinking I only really need to play one of these games (between this and DS remake). Not that DSR looks like shit but it does look like such a similar thing and this will feel more 'new'.

A lot of modern survival horror are really crap at weapon feedback I'm noticing, the handguns feel like a peashooter in RE engine games and the shotgun is not much better. At least this part looks really good here.

It's also one of those things where OLED/HDR really does work well. Pitch black with highlights without being overdone.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah I'm with you there. I watched the gameplay of DS remake and it just kind of left me a little cold, like don't get me wrong I'm excited as fuck to play that again, especially as I never finished it on 360 but yeah, this being something fresh has a little more of an unknown surprise element at play.

Maybe it's my rubbish memory but is this the first game where there's individual versions on Xbox? As in you have to choose the X/S version and don't get the Xbox One version as standard.