passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 4

one-armed dwarf

Resident Evil 4 Remake also changes Ashley Graham, who no longer has a health bar, but if she takes too much damage, she will be in a "downed state" and need to be revived. If she is hit when in a "downed state," she will die. A Capcom representative said that the developers want to make Ashley "feel more like a natural companion and less like a second health bar to babysit,"

So ..basically the exact same thing, but with an invisible life bar???🤔

I watched a friend play through RE4 years ago. She got so annoyed by Ashley (mostly from taking dumb damage as well as the voice), that she used every two out of three life extensions on her. Yet surprisingly (or not) giving her a larger life pool didn't stop her AI from doing stupid/fatal stuff...

As far as healing items go. I only remember healing her whenever I needed healing. Or using the occasional egg on her, which I never used on Leon in the first place. This change seems a bit unnecessary. Wherein the presumed improved AI would mitigate the need to concern yourself with her health bar?

To be honest this all seems a little pedantic... Ashley was never anything more than a glorified babysitting mission, at least this way you aren't spunking healing items that could be used keeping yourself alive on her regardless on her AI. Obviously I'm guessing here but after each enemy encounter I'd think her health would regenerate to a full level.

Seems like it would make for more engaging encounters too as you'd have to actually watch her rather than just do your own thing and spam healing items every now and again.

Well it certainly looks like a new version of Resident Evil 4, with a faster pace to the same existing flow of combat. As well as that knife parry, which looks like it slots into that same flow pretty well. Not as mind-blowing an upgrade tho as those other ones.

The black levels in this game informer footage looks really bad also. I hope that's just GI fucking things up on their end. edit nevermind I found this other video and it looks a bit better

• 3 weeks later...

Capcom were toying with doing another chainsaw controller for this 

Game Informer recently spoke with Resident Evil 2 Remake director Yasuhiro Ampo and Resident Evil 4 Remake producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi about a whole bunch of things, but obviously the thing we all care most about is the chainsaw controller (thanks, GamesRadar). "We wanted to do one, but we are already putting everything we have into development of the game," Hirabayashi said. "Maybe we can look into that some other time if there's an opportunity." Even if they aren't working on one, maybe there is some hope for a new one after all.

https://www.vg247.com/resident-evil-4-remake-devs-chainsaw-controller

This is basically the 'we heard all the things you guys think we are cutting but look it's all here' trailer

You know what the megaton of this trailer is? It's not Krauser, or the island. it's ducking. That was a cool thing in the VR version, ducking under the shit they throw at you. So I guess crouch is really versatile in this game as well