passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Evil Dead: The Game

mmmark

I’ve only spent a short time on it but wowser, I’m pretty impressed by this. It’s very much made by fans for fans to get more out of whilst being a good game in it own right. There’s a lot of level of detail,  tiny references and deep cuts.

The look and feel of it is spot on and the cabin, I’ve been in and looked around the cabin 🥰 I’ve seen the mirror, the piano. The cellar door was banging up and down. Brilliant.

The music is also absolutely spot on not just for the genre of game but the series as a whole. Very atmospheric.

I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played of this so far, but the single player missions can fuck right off. They’re way too hard. I’ve tried the first one about 6 times. Got to the boss twice. But because you get a pitiful amount of health pick ups, I only have a sliver of health left by that point, and die in about two hits. Or I glitch into a gap and that fucks that attempt up. 

I wouldn’t mind, but they’ve locked several playable characters in that mode. So they seriously need to patch it, to make it actually doable. Because right now, it takes the piss. 

They also need to patch out the bullshit quitting mechanic they’ve copied from Friday The 13th. I’ve had several games now where because 1 person quits, the game immediately ends for everyone, and you don’t get to keep any of the XP you’ve earned that match. Extremely annoying. 

If they can patch those out, I’ll be happy. As it stands, this is definitely a good game.