passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokemon Scarlet & Violet

Maf

The legendary motorbikes are too on the nose. I wish they were more clever about that. But everything else looks fucking sick. I don’t think there’s a thing in the trailer I didn’t like.

Also Hydreigon back, baby, one of my favourite Pokémon 

They did away with that shit years ago. XY maybe, definitely by SUMO. But what they’re enabling here is a new thing altogether. These Pokemon aren’t cutting down trees they’re doing BotW shit. Looks like they’re doing it a lot more cleanly than Arceus back in January as well.

Damn, man, the more it goes on the more I’m convinced Arceus was a fucking prototype or some shit where they said “We ain’t wasting money, make it in to a game” but it was all mechanical experiments for this game.

I know the release dates are too close for that to be true but there has to be a reason why you had a game with great, new, fresh, long dreamed, reinvented fundamentals but felt so incomplete and then 12 months later here’s a game that’s taking all that shit and - from the looks - putting a real Pokemon game on top of it.

I sat down and watched the full 10 minute presentation this morning. Wow. If they get this right it’s hard to see where Pokemon goes from here. Not saying they couldn’t add to these ideas, or maybe once I play these games it will give me new ideas and things I want to see. But looking at what they’re showing, they’re kind of just doing everything. 

If they get this right it’s hard to imagine what else they could do, maybe this will be the Pokemon game. 

The crystal Pokemon thing is dumb but it’s been 10 years and now 4 games of battle gimmicks so I’ve just come to except it, and it’s not as dumb as Gigantamax from S&S, so kind of an improvement. 

But yeah. If it gets it all right (Which it very well might not do) but it could be ultimate Pokemon, right? Like what else is there to do after this 

On 04/08/2022 at 10:14, DisturbedSwan said:

Roll on November.

I see what you did there 

If it is that much improved, I might be tempted to give the new one a go.

Still surprised that HM Slaves have been done away with? I remember having a solid team of 5 ..and a loser that existed purely for utility.

• 3 weeks later...

They’ve had different Pokemon Championship things happening this weekend from the main game to TCG and whatever else there is. But I think for the first time ever they dropped a trailer exclusively around competitive play!

Being able to substitute and switch out seems pretty big? Switching in to a Gyarados or something that’s already behind a sub so it can start Buffing itself seems potentially deadly. 

Also maybe it’s just for the trailer but they’re only showing 3 v 3 battles. Bah. Hope that’s just for the trailer. But GameFreak have this weird thing where they only like competitive play when it’s 3 v 3 singles or 4 v 4 doubles.

6 v 6 single or it’s not a real Pokemon battle if you ask me.

Nothing Earth shaking here but surprising they actually went out of their way to make a trailer for their multi player. They don’t usually talk about it at all. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

Fuck that's nice. Missus wouldn't have it under the tele though lol.

Just buy it and put it there. When she starts questioning her just tell her it's been there for months and ask what she's talking about.

There’s a brand new trailer here as well

Looks super crazy. They’ve actually got 2 styles of Pokemon battles here. There’s the classic style which looks just like Sword and Shield, but then there’s Arceus looking battles as well where the trainer has 2 Pokemon vs 1 and is running around freely

I wonder if when in the wild Pokemon battles are more free for all but in proper Pokemon league battles they’re more “official” and have rules

Very interesting. Also a Pokemon battle vs a vehicle?! They’re getting even more anime with it

This game is looking super crazy. I hope it’s good 

• 3 weeks later...

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-gb/news/lets_go/

What Are Auto Battles?

Auto Battles are a new way of battling that can be activated by using the “Let’s Go!” feature. Doing so will send out a Pokémon to battle wild Pokémon without needing orders from its Trainer. Your Pokémon can be sent into an Auto Battle against any wild Pokémon you see on the field, and it can even find Pokémon to engage in Auto Battles on its own.

When your Pokémon is out and engaging in Auto Battles, you can do what you want—stay by its side to watch over it, or try looking for items nearby. By defeating wild Pokémon in Auto Battles, your Pokémon can also earn items and Exp. Points!

Master using this new feature to explore every nook and cranny of the vast Paldea region with your Pokémon!

😲

This game is just sounding so crazy all the time. Free roam, open world, no set path, 2 types of battles, 4 player, auto battles. In some ways it sounds like the most unPokemon game ever. They’ve completely turned everything I expect from Pokemon on it’s head. 

Let’s hope it all works 

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I thought this would do much better than it has, especially considering it's such a departure from the previous Generation and template and how well Arceus did earlier this year. Complaints seem to be technical issues more than anything, which has dragged the score down.