passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

radiofloyd

I like the diversity of Ash Summons. Initially, I stuck with the early game wolves for a while. Only to learn later, they suck. By the time I tapped out, I had a rotation of about four of them. Mimic Tear (the one referred to as "easy mode") I didn't really take to. Tried him on the Gargoyles and Niall. He just seemed to kamikaze without any significant damage. Whether this is due to the nerf, I don't know. But I like the idea of the Ash Summons a lot more than other players in my game.

The way it's going I may not see an ending after all... I'm up to the final boss now and it's laughably stupid in how much area he can move around in, all while I'm stuck doing feeble little rolls. The last few hours with this shitty boss run is really doing its best to take away all the goodwill I had to be fair.

14 hours ago, Nag said:

The way it's going I may not see an ending after all... I'm up to the final boss now and it's laughably stupid in how much area he can move around in, all while I'm stuck doing feeble little rolls. The last few hours with this shitty boss run is really doing its best to take away all the goodwill I had to be fair.

I managed to get to the second phase on my own with Ash summons but I just wanted it to end so summoned in a couple of folks for that boss and took him out very easily. Stick at it, you'll get there, summon some folks for help if you're in a bind.

Believe me I tried, there were either no gold tiles or the game kept doing its annoying cannot summon thing.🙄

I'll be having another crack at it later, keep your fingers crossed that my controller survives.

And done!!!

Got it second try today... with two co-op summons #sorrynotsorry.

Ended up with the "age of the stars" ending that kicked off just as I received a phone call so I didn't even get to see it properly.😂

For the most part I actually really liked that, there were a few parts that really frustrated but like Bloodborne the fact I wasn't wondering around aimlessly helped out a lot. If someone had said I would put 90 hours in to this a few months ago I'd have laughed them out of the room.

My ending stats...

181aab9838929-screenshotUrl.jpg

And a scenery shot for good measure...

181aab9a96b94-screenshotUrl.jpg

One thing I did want to ask, now a few more people have the game under their belts. Did anyone bother with the paintings? I must admit, after finding the first few. I soon forgot they were even a thing??

Did not do painting stuff

A bit OT maybe but it seems like a lot of people here were disappointed in this, except maybe nag lol

I was thinking tho, for a sequel I wouldn't mind them to try open world again and go for something with a little more danger in the open world, I'm thinking a hybrid between BOTW and dragon's dogma where you always have to prepare to go somewhere and when it gets dark it gets dangerous as all the creeps come out at night, Berserk style, so maybe you set up camp and wait it out. Fast travel would work like a sort of silt strider system, not wherever you want

This is sorta what I expected this game to be, tbh. 

11 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

I think I found a lot of them just from exploring anyway. Usually it was a treasure on a dead body right?

Apparently, those random corpses sitting in chairs are painting related.

4 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Berserk style

Just let From make a Berserk game already! They've been hinting at it since 2009, at least.

Said it before, but yeah, easily my least favourite From game (post renaissance era From), just so boring at times. Too big for its own good. 

I really hope they don't do a sequel to this and go a different route, but I think it's somewhat inevitable given how well it sold. 

If they do do a sequel I hope the open world is much improved and much more involved.

19 minutes ago, OCH said:

Apparently, those random corpses sitting in chairs are painting related.

Just let From make a Berserk game already! They've been hinting at it since 2009, at least.

Nah, Capcom. 

From greatsword combat is sleep. Dogma already did it better, even Monster Hunter did it better.

7 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

From greatsword combat is sleep

They are slowly learning. Slave Knight Gael and Blaidd show promise. It might irk some of the fanboys if there is no character creator though.

In a similar sentiment to @DisturbedSwan. For the moment, I've tapped out of ER. When I even maintained enough interest in Dark 2 to finish that all the way through. That's saying something about my enjoyment of this game.