passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter 6

DisturbedSwan

As a base roster, they look fine. This being Capcom, there are definitely already others waiting in the DLC section. I'd absolutely be turning that commentary off. Couldn't care less about e-sports, so I can't see any merit to it at all.

I've always had a contentious history with Street Fighter. It was never fantastical enough to lure me away from Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur or Tekken as a kid. But, I did unlock "everything" for Vanilla Street Fighter 4 as there was something there that I enjoyed. So I'm actually looking forward to this one.  

Keighly confirmed the game will be at Summer Game Fest today with a new character reveal. The most likely candidate would be Kimberly, who was already teased in the last trailer. From the short glimpse and artwork her design doesn't do anything for me but the game looks so fresh I will probably end up enjoying seeing all these new and old characters in motion regardless.

Well the entire [initial] roster has been leaked (and confirmed as real, by Capcom). Some redesigns are pretty good EG Chun Li. Spoilers obviously, for those that don't want to see them.

Spoiler

FUWGFYZXsAAI2lT?format=jpg&name=900x900

No one that looks like a boss yet though. I'm unfamiliar with Post-SF3 lore. But I've been informed M.Bison is Dead, dead by this point. So I'm not sure who the main villain is?

Yes, I already posted that picture on page 1.

The guy called JP is most likely the boss, with Aki, due to her supposedly being part of the same group as SFV's FANG being either an ally of his or second in command. 

I know A.K.I is linked to F.A.N.G from SFV who took over from Sagat as one of 'four kings' (villains from SF2 basically) so I guess she could be a primary villain.  And Juri will be up to mischief.

Oh well, Mary posted while I was writing this.

But I'd guess they'll be dialing back the big villains for this game.  Gill and Seth are really out there and with this games more grounded aesthetic we could maybe put that stuff away for a bit.

I do really like this base line-up actually.  It's surprisingly big and lots of cool looking new additions and I'm looking forward to seeing how they play.

20 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

Yes, I already posted that picture on page 1.

😬 Oof, I didn't even notice the link when I skimmed the page yesterday...

Excluding Luke, I count eight new characters. Which if 22 is the base roster. That's quite an impressive percentage of new blood for the "sixth" game in a Fighting franchise. In contrast, Tekken 6 had a roster of 41 and only 7 new ones. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...