passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Horizon: Forbidden West

Maf

I think I've done a @Maf on this game....

After playing through the base game with new game plus (basically speed running it on story difficulty) I booted up Burning Shores and switched difficulty back to hard... big mistake.

Not being able to take machines down rapidly has reminded me that, so it seems, every machines sole purpose is to close the gap and constantly jump on top of you and it's so fucking tiresome.... to the point of just thinking fuck it and switching back to story for about three quarters of the dlc. The dlc itself is fine and it's still comfortably the best looking game on PS5 but my god they need to sort out this combat... strategy is virtually impossible while being bodied constantly by a 30 foot metal lizard.🙄

I never got that from the base game, but I haven't played this to be fair. Some of the enemies can be annoying as hell but it felt like they were just the right side of that, on normal or standard difficulty anyway. 

Still hope to get round to this at some point but I've never been too enthused, with finishing CotM recently I've had my Horizon fill for awhile.

The Bilegut would make you change your opinion pretty smartish.

But to be fair short of all the biggest enemies (Slaughterspine, Thunderjaw and Tremortusk) that seems to be the go to attack... they've got guns and god knows what else but why use those when you can just repeatedly trample someone to death.