passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch Sports

mmmark

I’ve been playing in the online tests which comprises of Tennis, Chambara and Bowling. All of them online only obviously.

Firstly it is awesome and controls perfectly. Interestingly there was a joy con update when I booted the game up.

The first thing you have to do is place your joy cons on a flat service and that’s them calibrated. Never again do you have to do that or indeed anything else. Chambara has you press X with your weapon forward to start but I think that’s more are you ready? than where’s the stick? Neither Tennis nor bowling needed or has a recal button.

Chambara

This was more fun than I remembered it being on Wii Sports Resort. I think it’s knowing I just beat a human player rather than an npc. Online is really going to elevate the satisfaction for each game here. One game of this I had I won, drew, lost and then the final round a majority of the stage fell into the water. I was nervous 😅

TENNIS

I won’t waste my time telling you what tennis is. It’s unchanged from the original and I’ve not really any idea as to how you’re supposed to be good at it still.

BOWLING

Here is where the meat of the test was for me. This isn’t just bowling. This is bowling battle royale style, because of course it is. You and many others start out in round one and the bottom so many players (I think 1/3) are eliminated. This happens again in the second round and then there is the final. 

This whole thing takes place in a bowling alley with with a multitude of lanes all next to each other’s where you can see others bowling in real time.

You all have your turns at the same time and within a small time limit so there’s no waiting around for someone that’s popping the kettle on.

Loved it.

• 2 months later...

I decided to go for it and buy Switch Sports digitally (£30.99) using My Nintendo Store. To my surprise you still get the water bottle sent out to you for free.

So yeah if you’re going digital don’t use the eshop on your switch.

No one else pick this up no?

This stuff was a godsend on rainy days when my kids were little. Now they're in their twenties I think it

might make me a little melancholy to fire it up.

Good times tho, in its Wii day.