passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sega Saturn possible trouble shooting.

Snaggletooth

So picked up a sega saturn and hooked it up to tv via scart into ossc upscaler. 

Nowwhen first turn it on in passthrough mode the TV forces widescreen which I didnt want but picture was okay but stretched. 

When I changed it back to any other modes via the upscaler I get a horrible purple band at bottom right of screen. 

Which I assumed was a problem with console. 

So put it back into wide screen passthrough. And changed the TV setting to output 4:3 natively. Then when changed upscaller to crisper resolution the band disappears. 

If your still following great, ultately I guess the question is does anybody know if saturn is known to have this issue when being forced to run in non native resolution?  Or is it more likely to be the console?

IMG_20220203_230923.jpg

not that I'm aware of. I suppose you could get weird stuff if you're playing a Japanese signal (60hz) through PAL (50hz) settings, or vice versa, so maybe it's expecting a 60hz signal but you're getting 50hz... short answer is I don't know

you got an RF lead or another game you can try?

3 hours ago, spatular said:

i don't know either. some old games can have odd patterns on the edges of the screen because it wouldn't be seen on a crt, but this doesn't look like the same thing to me.

No, I dont think so, as its on main menu as well as games.
Taking it over to a freinds tonight to try on his setup, so see if how display on his setup, see if it rules out my equipment.