passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Gunk

mmmark

This game is pretty great, I’m not gonna lie. I couldn’t even pin point why and it’s certainly not for everyone.

If you love the mechanic of mopping up every square inch in Luigis Mansion, you’ll get it. 

D12A2A50-A26D-4DB0-9D6B-05F796F29889.png

I didn’t expect to be playing this over 2 hours later after starting but there I was having to know what’s around the next corner. What was around the corner was always more gunk.

I’m a big lover of gunk. It’s the new lube.

B5E13152-A2B3-42BF-814A-8576A82B9046.png

I played this start to finish in one sitting the other night. I think Monday? Genuinely haven’t thought about it since. I really wanted to like this (Because I liked Steam World Dig), and I did like the game. But, eh. There’s just not a lot going on and there’s not much to talk about. A good Gamepass game if in between games. But not much more than that. 

It’s not exactly challenging and I’ll likely get it done today myself. If it was any longer it probably would outstay it’s welcome.

But the setting, mechanics and characters all glue together well for a good short experience you probably already own.

I’ve finished this now. If the whole game had been as good as the final segment it might have been liked a bit more. A bit. 

Also I thought I’d get a map at some part or a missing resource detector but no nothing. Not sure I want to go around the entire game looking for missed resources.

7/10

• 3 months later...