passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

radiofloyd

This game reminds me of Outer Wilds (which is also what I plan to play next, the expansion).

ss_dbe1b07f58393b56c20e9ac031442e1e161fa

It’s been compared to Breath of the Wild, and I guess there are some similarities, but it feels more like Outer Wilds to me. You start off in a relatively small area, preparing for a kind of coming of age ceremony which will allow you to leave your tribe and explore the world. Instead of Epona, your companion is a kind of hover bike. You start off driving a banger but then you build your own one which leaves a snazzy tail of red smoke as you drive around.

ss_efb5438e53ed5463bc89076cc99a3290dc55d

One of the reasons I bought the game at launch was because I love Japanese Breakfast, the band who did the soundtrack for the game. There’s a great moment when you leave the opening area and enter the great wide open for the first time, and a song plays. Brings back memories of that Jose Gonzales song playing during Red Dead Redemption.

There’s no combat in the game, that I’m aware of. The gameplay is all exploration and (so far, light) puzzle solving. I’m enjoying it. It looks lovely. There are some minor visual glitches (wall-clipping mostly), but nothing major so far.

• 2 weeks later...

9 hours in now. On the plus side, this is a cool game that is fun to play and gives you a beautiful world to explore. It doesn’t hold your hand and leaves you free to explore as in Outer Wilds.

On the other hand…it’s buggy. It crashes almost like clockwork on a regular basis, every 30 minutes or so. The game loses at least two points for that, off the bat.

I’m 9 hours in and enjoying it, so I’m gonna ride the storm for a while and hope this issue is resolved soon through patches. But if you’re interested in this game, I would hold for another 6 months or so and wait for the game to be in better condition.