passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forza Horizon 5

Nag

I’m still struggling to get the photo 200 cars achievement. I use 3 cars for everything so there’s no a lot of variety in the competition in races. I was thinking about upgrading some other cars so there would be new cars to race against and photograph, but I remember how expensive those houses and things are to buy so I’m trying to save every cent (Peso?)

9 hours ago, Maf said:

I’m still struggling to get the photo 200 cars achievement. I use 3 cars for everything so there’s no a lot of variety in the competition in races. I was thinking about upgrading some other cars so there would be new cars to race against and photograph, but I remember how expensive those houses and things are to buy so I’m trying to save every cent (Peso?)

At the start of a race fire up photo mode and take a picture. It's not just your car but every car in the picture

Problem is the competition cars vary by the car you pick. If you use the same 3 every race then the AI will always be the same few cars too.

Just a FYI, you may have already seen but in photo mode RB does a quick shot o you don’t have to wait for it to load like a normal photo. Took me way too long of getting frustrated with it to realise that. Yes, I’m also a idiot.

As for difficulty wise. It’s more time consuming than anything. Getting all the challenges is just remembering to get on it on a Wednesday night before swap over to knock off the single point ones - the rest can easily be gained throughout the week. 

Elimination is the other sticking point. Especially now, people who are still playing it know where the good drops are and it recycles some finish points so you need to learn the map a bit as most people now have a good idea where they are. But it’s still mostly luck. I’ve won it a further 3 times without really trying, if you reach the final circle, commit to a direction and if you’re lucky you’ll be going the right way and it’s a relatively easy win at that point. I did it in a level 7 Jeep while everyone else had level 9-10 lambos and Ferraris. Also keep the AWD cars. A low level AWD car is better than a high level RWD Lambo as 90% of it is off-road making those cars a bit shit for it. 

• 2 weeks later...

@mfnick lend me 5 million CR’s, please

And the Mercedes for the photo

And then 10 more legendary cars to photo

in return I will

like your next 2 posts no matter how much I disagree with them

where can you find a better deal

you can’t

stop trying

pay the toll

i mean do me a favour 

cars

• 8 months later...

Went back to this over the weekend to dive into the Hot Wheels Expansion. 

Not touched it since I finished it around this time last year but I thought I'd dive into this as I never played the HW Expansion in FH3 or the LEGO stuff in FH4. 

It's pretty damn fun that's for sure. It's definitely more arcadey than the standard game, you can take much more liberties with the barriers and not really braking so much in general. All the HW stuff like boosters, crazy gravity-defying track design and stuff adds to the arcadey feel and makes it feel like Forza Horizon Kart a bit at which is cool and a different vibe than the main game. 

It's set in its own little area which is like a modicum of of Mexico lined with a ridiculous amount of orange HW track jutting up in every direction. The activities are largely the same in that you'll be doing PR stunts, a series of HW stories, showcases and a whole load of racing but there isn't really any variation compared to the main game, 99% of races are track based but then you do expect that with this being HW and wanting to utilise those zany tracks. The only variation here is in the different car classes, which lock you at B, A, S1, S2 etc. until you rank up and finish the qualifier event at the end of the series. 

Didn't take me too long to finish at about 8 hours and was a nice, fun, addictive little Expansion to an already exemplary game.

Pics:

BBC9BC00-5623-40B5-8F3F-7264C59DAC21.png

50249C97-178B-404A-912C-8082F187DE98.png

A97A1BF1-21E9-43EB-B686-58A59C779B17.png

• 4 months later...

yeah i've been playing the rally expansion, really enjoying it. may have finished it already though not sure really if some more might be locked behind some challenges, not bothered if i have already done all the races mind as i fancy doing some rivals/timetrials on the rally tracks.

Started the rally expansion now too. I’m loving it! The new island is so well designed, it’s like a best of rally world. Except there’s a lack of snow but I can live with that. Surprising how well suited FH is to Rally just by removing opponents and adding a co-driver. The storm effects are amazing too as is the lighting from the helicopter as you drive under palm trees in the dark. Who needs Ray tracing when you can make lighting and reflections in games look this good without? 

There’s been a distinct lack of new true rally cars so far though which is a bit disappointing.