passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forza Horizon 5

Nag

This isn’t a sim game, just play with the settings and stick to what feels fun. 

Personally I have steering standard, ABS off, Stability off & Traction depends on the car. Anything S class and above that’s not all wheel drive just spins it’s wheels all the time if you’re using a pad unless you’re ridiculously soft on trigger to point it’s no fun so turn it on for those unless it’s a dedicated drift car. Anything below S class keep it off or it stops you having fun and being able to slide them. 

Ive been blasting it too, I’m not sure whether I prefer this to Britain though. It’s a lot of empty roads around fields and forests. Britain had a lot more small villages and cities & was a bit more condensed (obviously) so felt more varied per race IMO. 

I have to say the city in this (sorry the name escapes me, I’m a uncultured swine) where you drive under the buildings in the flood defence roads is fantastic though

1 hour ago, bellow said:

Is there any way to turn traction control on for individual cars rather than in the main options window?

I wish. Unless I’ve missed it too. It’s a pain in arse but I change it in options when a car requires. Bit frustrating, wish it was just a button on the pad, in real cars it can be as simple as pressing a button on the dash so wish it was as simple in this. 

Anyways, got to say that train event is brilliant. Sure, they always have them but they managed to make it feel fresher and more exciting this time. 

Just want to draw attention to the sound too, it’s loads better. So much variety between the engine sounds. I’ve bought a 370 like mine in real life and put a sports exhaust on it and it sounds almost the exact same as mine does. Did the same with a Impreza I had and it has that great burble sound track present and correct. I’ve spent far too long in the tuning menus just swapping exhausts and revving it. Love it. 
Yes I’m a sad bastard. 

1 hour ago, mfnick said:

Just want to draw attention to the sound too, it’s loads better. So much variety between the engine sounds. I’ve bought a 370 like mine in real life and put a sports exhaust on it and it sounds almost the exact same as mine does. 

My neighbour has a Pink 350Z all modded with air suspension, sports exhaust and everything, they take it to shows almost every weekend, wakes me up almost every Sunday morning lol.

Also, the Era Photography thread is genuinely mind blowing. Crazy what people have come up with on there.

2 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

wakes me up almost every Sunday morning lol.

Gutted! I used to be like that unfortunately, but I’ve grown a bit and while I do fit aftermarket exhausts I do stick to the much quieter ones these days. The Z cars can sound terrible with the wrong exhaust too, especially if it’s straight through with no silencers, really obnoxious. 

I need to play around with the photo mode a bit more, some of the stuff is stunning. You can tell some cars have had far more attention poured on them than others though. Some like the 370 can look surprisingly ‘flat’ for lack of a better word. Understandable though.

Joined the Hall of Fame tonight too.

9E8B34F4-64A3-4F0C-A223-79DF80C0B72D.png

Well done on the almost mill score. I don’t think I’ve come even close to that in this. On 4 it was relatively easy but this seems a bit more stingy with the wreckage skill when plowing through crop fields and the like. 

I spent most of my playtime yesterday getting 3 stars on the Speed Traps and Zones, think I have 2 or 3 left and those are done... most of them were easy enough but a couple took a little figuring out with approaches and stuff. I'm not sure whether to try to three star Drift Zones or Trailblazers next as I don't overly like either event.

I'm also waiting on my last Barn Find being restored which has literally taken days... I checked on the restore it now price and it was over 27 million credits... nope.🤣

This may be a silly question, but do you enter the Hall of Fame by finishing all the Showtime events at the end of each Horizon story chapter thing? I'm guessing you're in the 'End game' so to speak once you've finished all those?

I spent a lot of time with this over the weekend and even managed to get a few hours in last week thanks to the missus being a little more accommodating with the TV than usual lol, put in about 12 hours.

My thoughts haven't really changed on it, it's still a very good racing game and one of the best open world racers ever, but then FH3 reached those accolades too to me years ago so this just feels a little underwhelming at times in that it follows the same pattern as the last 2 entries but just expands the map significantly, there doesn't seem anything particularly new or innovative, they've just improved things a little bit, graphically it looks much better with the power of the X and can look incredible at times (particularly at night).

Engine sounds are noticeably better and the weather model seems to of improved a bit (but still no dynamic weather?) over FH4 but aside from that it's just a Forza Horizon game to me. One that is significantly better than the disappointing FH4 and more on par with the excellent FH3, but it still doesn't reach the heights that game did though for me, there was just this synergy about it with the environment, the music selections on the radio stations and the game itself being a big step up from FH2 that really hit the sweet spot.

I have to say the clusterfuck of icons is still giving me a bit of anxiety with how much there is to do. I unlocked all the speed/drift/danger sign challenges recently after finishing the mission that unlocks them and suddenly had about 100 of these signs strewn across the map that I then had to do, and had to try and get 3 stars on if I could (that later went out the window), I know there's a filter to filter out some/all of them but I feel like I'd miss out on things if I selected this. Games like AC have historically been given criticism for the number of icons on the map at times, this though, is just as bad an maybe a little worse, where Ubisoft seem to of fixed this issue with Valhalla employing a different tact the overwhelming number of icons on the map here still bewilders the fuck out of me at times. 

It may sound like I'm a little down on it but I am still very much enjoying it. I've already put double the amount of time into it than I put into the previous game and it's still just such a fun and addictive place to forget about the real world and just spend a few hours immersed in this super jolly version of Mexico.

Lots of pics to follow.

9092D94E-90DF-4C72-B51E-B2A4AC546338.png

B3686BE5-E230-4956-8F4C-4F72CE76AC75.png

91D6D59E-DB59-45F4-8FD2-17CCE890B995.png

i'm really enjoying this, yeah it's more of the same but it's great fun. i might be enjoying it more than the previous few, i think that's partly because they've made some improvements to stuff like the menus and also i've just got used to the stuff i don't like and the complicated menus. the handling and forcefeedback is great, there's loads of cool cars and tracks, it looks great, runs great, really smooth. i still don't like having to drive to the races (i've got enough for the quick travel house now) so i just do the next closest race - i think another improvement is you don't have to do the big events straight away (although i'm not 100% sure that wasn't the same previously) so easier to avoid tracking across the map.

This may be a silly question, but do you enter the Hall of Fame by finishing all the Showtime events at the end of each Horizon story chapter thing?

Earn enough accolade score to open up all of the events in the different Horizon Festivals (3 or 4 unlocks for each one)... that's all I did.

but still no dynamic weather

I've had races that started in the rain and by the time I'd finished it was blazing sunshine... or is that not what you mean?

49 minutes ago, Maf said:

Consolation prizes?

If that was the case you'd have the biggest Rep score on here by a wide margin.👍

7 minutes ago, Nag said:

Earn enough accolade score to open up all of the events in the different Horizon Festivals (3 or 4 unlocks for each one)... that's all I did.

I've had races that started in the rain and by the time I'd finished it was blazing sunshine... or is that not what you mean?

Ah ok ta, I'm not too far away from doing that then as I've got almost all of them unlocked aside from 1 or 2. 

That is what I mean, I don't think I've had that yet, the weather is better in this than previous games for sure but it still feels a bit scripted and not as dynamic as it perhaps could be, that's being super picky though. It is an improvement overall, and a welcome one but yeah, I still wish it was even more unpredictable.