passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forza Horizon 5

Nag

Same. I saw the Digital Foundry thing and when they said they kept it at 30 I thought I’d give it a go. It still feels fantastic & ridiculously smooth somehow, it’s like magic. I’ve not played another 30fps game like it. Especially a fast paced one like this.

Usually I really notice 30fps, especially since my Tv likes to stutter at that framerate but in this I can barely tell. I’ve not tried 60 just because I do know I won’t be able to go back if I did. Ignorance is bliss.

Also, finally did this! 

9F9EAC6D-ED74-4BDE-AB7D-A5FD2BC2F4CD.png

Thank God! Ended up liking that mode a lot more as I put more time in but I’m definitely done with it now I’ve got the ‘Cheevo. Took me about 20 tries (stupid trees and hidden houses over jumps) and was getting tired of it. Was thinking of going for the full accolades on it but you have to win 3 times and really can’t be arsed with that. It’s 90% luck based whether you win that last race. Will only go back to it when I really need the festival points. 

1 hour ago, DisturbedSwan said:

I also went for the 30fps quality mode, I think if you don't try the 60fps mode you'll not know any different whereas if you try the 60 mode first you won't want to go to 30, that's my take on it. But yeah, I had a great time with it at 30.

yeah i agree, i played in 60 first, then tried 30 and it looks like a slide show, but i know 30 is good too as i played 4 like that.

Some kind've update happened over the last few days and happy to say they've overhauled the scoring system for the Horizon Arcade events so that they can be completed solo (scoring now scales to player count)... they've also added a little header so you know which type you're joining... popped the achievement for the five Arcade types this afternoon.

I also happened upon my last missing road... which turned out to be more of a personal drive than a road but whatever... they're done now.

• 5 weeks later...

BFD0F634-EC4B-4507-90F8-054AE7E07101.png

Morherfucker! Glitch meaning one of the events didnt register cost me last 2 achievements. Not sure I’ll get it now, difficult to ensure you’re on at the right time each week to get all the playlist stuff. Will give it one more fix 

Played this a while today and had a lot of fun. Slowly grasping what it’s asking of me just loving being in the world.

Tried creating an mfgamers club but it wasn’t working. Would anyone join it or are you all in others now anyway?

Obvious statement is obvious but this game rules. I played about an hour this morning and it’s immediately comfortable, I think everything I’ve done so far I’ve done in previous games. But it looks amazing, plays amazing, and I still love the good natured, adventure holiday vibe to these games. It is the video game equivalent of a week’s break somewhere. Relaxing and fun. 

Mexico looks amazing. Right off the bat so much better than England. Colour, variety, style. Just so much cooler. 

Predictably the game is sick. Like if you’ve played one you’ve played them all but these games do open world, drive around, do shit in such a nice way. I love these games.

But already I’ve been stumped a few times by this shit

FJIbqnEXsAEjV6u?format=jpg&name=large

How you get these things it’s always hard