passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forza Horizon 5

Nag

I just can't get into this. The game accused me of winning too easy so put me up to highly skilled. And now it takes 3 or 4 goes to win a race - and you can't go back to the lower diff because the game is obviously watching you like feckin Stalin.

And there's these tournaments that you can't start until you've earned all kinds of dough to buy an Italian supercar, so I'm basically stuck driving around Mexico (which looks a lot like the UK with palm trees) and doing dirt races in a boring 4 wheel drive.

And all I really want to do is race other people but I just can't work out how it's done. There's all this convoy shit. And it never leads to anything, even with it's 10 million players. 

And just give me a power up. I'm not asking much. A green shell to quell the boredom would do.

I hate cars.

‘Bout time. Well done.

Too easy now though 😉. The place I’ve found I can do it for a infinite amount of time really, just get bored.

6 hours ago, bellow said:

can't start until you've earned all kinds of dough to buy an Italian supercar,

This I don’t get. The game throws new cars at you all the time. Ive got around 200 & only paid for around 5 of them & that was for cars I personally love. 

Also Mario Kart sucks. 

26 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Too easy now though 😉. The place I’ve found I can do it for a infinite amount of time really, just get bored.

Yeah, same... I could've gone on and on... the area near the hotel with the balcony board was the place I used.

Don't know if @bellow is referring to the seasonal championships or not, those are the only races that have entry restrictions aren't they?

I don't know. I've got a couple of really fast cars but when I get to the map icon it says 'buy recommended car' with no option to choose one you already own, and the cheapest is about 2 million. My own Lamborghini never cost anywhere near that in real life.

Argh!! Want that Impreza but the multiplayer challenges for the points are fucking me up. 

The Arcade challenge keep having too few players so always failing by the 3rd round. & that trial I keep getting landed with absolute numpties. Either crashing into each other, me or the track. Basically anything but actually winning the race. 

May end up having to pay over the odds in the auction house for it. 

Love racing games but online for them is always shit unless it’s with people you know or designed around crashing like Burnout. The co-op challenges are fine but the player base is too splintered among the various other options meaning it’s rare you actually get enough to do the challenge. & for some insane reason they don’t scale for the number of players. 

Yeah the Arcade challenges really need looking in to, it's virtually impossible to complete those at the moment... they really need to implement player numbers scaling if nothing else.

I'm not sure why it's having the problem in the first place though, Forzathon Live never struggled in the last game.

yeah the seasonal challenges being buggy doesn't help either, so when you actually finish one it sometimes doesn't register/give any points :(

that's about the only bad thing i can say about the game though, well apart from all the other bad things which i've got used to over the last 3 games so don't notice any more. anyway i've been really enjoying it, played loads, finished all the races and all the storys, and i think all the PR stunts (but not all 3 star). it's been great fun. still want to play it more, so might do some rivals stuff, try and 3 star some more stunts, and more seasonal stuff (even though it only half works), maybe also go back to 4 as i have some dlc for that to play.

I gave up on doing the Arcade challenges quite early on, tried them a few times and never enough folks to make it past the first round. 

The co op trial against the unbeatable drivatars it took me about 20 attempts to beat them but I finally managed it, it was super annoying though. I gave up for awhile after 15 or so attempts, went back to it and managed, just gotta keep at it but it's pot luck really.

Finished up everything I wanted to in the game over the weekend, clocked almost 60 hours on it now, time seems to just fly by when you're playing it and I unexpectedly had a load more time to play over the weekend than usual which was good. 

Done pretty much everything, all stories done, all PR stunts I've got at least 1 star on and all races done in each discipline. I've also completed every Forzathon challenge aside from the Arcade one and 1 for eliminating 2 people in the Eliminator which I can't be arsed with. I've just got the bonus boards to do now, I managed to do all the ones that are in trees and on buildings that I thought would be tricky, but still got about 35 outstanding dotted around the map I need to do, not sure if I can be arsed at the moment though. 

So yeah, a very good game and I highly recommend it, particularly if you haven't experienced the franchise before. There wasn't a lot new here for me and it is almost the exact same template as 4 just with a better environment to explore (IMO) but whilst it isn't particularly innovative it does what it does very well and I had a lot of fun with it, it just never really wowed me or anything. After 4 previous entries I knew what to expect and it delivered with aplomb.

I've only just started this, maybe played about 45 mins tops, but already I know I'm going to love it. I opted for performance mode, but it still looks pretty incredible to me (my TV is 1080p 60, 42" for reference), everything is very vibrant and super smooth. Might switch over to the enhanced mode (I think that was the name?) This evening and see how that plays, but I think for Forza I'd rather have 60fps. One thing I did notice, but this might have been a thing on XBox 1 as well is the haptic feedback from the triggers, I didn't know it did that until it did it and I did an audible "oohhhh" sound. It's really great, I was just doing a dirt race and you can feel where you are on a drift from the feedback on the accelerator trigger as you drift around a bend, really cool stuff.

I use quality mode, it might not be called that but the 30fps mode, and it still feels pretty much perfect to me... I think they've tweaked something in this over 4 and even Eurogamer said there's no real reason not to choose that option this time round.👍

11 minutes ago, Nag said:

I use quality mode, it might not be called that but the 30fps mode, and it still feels pretty much perfect to me... I think they've tweaked something in this over 4 and even Eurogamer said there's no real reason not to choose that option this time round.👍

I'll give it a try tonight and see