passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guardians of the Galaxy

one-armed dwarf

• 2 weeks later...

It's getting ray tracing on consoles 

Honestly tho, on PC the RT adds relatively little I think. Tho there are lots of shiny chrome surfaces.

Need to launch it back up and see it off but some of the gameplay on chapter 12 really draqged for me unfortunately, and Rocket Racoon did not get crushed by a planet or blown out of an airlock yet which is something that needed to happen by now

• 4 weeks later...

Got back into this after Forza and Village distracted me. Yo, it’s really fucking good you guys. Get it, especially while it’s on sale everywhere. 

I disagree with regards to ray tracing too, I think it makes a noticeable difference. That planet on the way to the Destroyer, all those puddles it adds reflections too and just adds depth to the scene. Same with all the shiney interior bits. I’d definitely recommend playing in that mode. Frame rate has held solid so far on it too. 

Hmm I don't remember that planet (or the 'Destroyer')

But I recommend playing in the quality mode cause apparently it gets murky in performance mode. 

Anyway you can't convince these people mfnick, these muthafuckas just want to play the Halos, and the Guilty Gears and the FFXIVs. No taste. Big ass marvel threads and arguments everywhere except for the actual good Marvel release this year, pfff

(This weekend I will finish it for sure though, if only cause staying logged into xiv is suffering)

I went and did chapter 13 just there. Quick sidenote, I can't quite believe that square are charging subs for FFXIV while it's unplayable as it is, so anyway I played this instead. Side note over, fuck that game. 

But as for the other square game, I do think the back stages of the game veer more into the tedious side cause the gameplay doesn't change much here unfortunately. The story is still really entertaining and is very successful at weaving earlier developments and characters together, but ironically it reminds me of Endwalker (pls dont flame me bear with me here) in how it kinda leans on the same tricks gameplay wise over and over to deliver its story beats (which are excellent beats! They carry the game, but you do feel this issue more and more unfortunately). There's only so much you can do with this combat and most of what you do with fully upgrades characters is constantly pop off their cooldowns cause they regenerate so fast. I understand what they went for, but I don't think it quite scales to this late game stuff. I feel like the difficulty curve of this game is very easy, to actually somewhat difficult right in the middle, then incredibly easy.

I think I'm right at the end tho and will probably beat it tomorrow after I fail again to login to Queuewalker.

I’ve made it to Chapter 9, and I’m loving this to be honest. I admittedly dropped the difficulty to easy, and turned off the instant death QTEs. But the constant banter is making me laugh, so I’m having a great time with this.

Don’t even know what ray tracing is, couldn’t give less of a fuck to be fair. It already looks brilliant, even on my base PS4.

Fortunately (?) this is the kinda game where you can still get something out of just watching someone play it online, imo

I mean, I still hope people on here check it out over christmas (with managed expectations, it's a great game with some issues). But it's all about the story anyway imo

Tho you miss out on the dialogue choice stuff, which is like surprisingly well done in this game. I hear some sections of the game have significant differences depending on what you do so some note comparing is in order when mfnick finishes it 🧐

7 hours ago, mfnick said:

Should get a SX. Auto uploads to cloud constantly. Plus get to see that ray tracing shit. 

I think PS4 does too, you just have to tick that option in the settings (AFAIK), don't think Andy is bothered about Ray Tracing or current-gen systems, but PS5 also does it.

Got my code for this so played up to chapter 3 just now. Yeah, it's fantastic so far. Solid controls, satisfying buttons, game moves at a good speed, good use of the characters, cutscenes are great. Ticking all the boxes. What a turn around from the E3 trailer, eh? This game looked like dog shit and actually it's excellent. 

It's a simple game, you've played a lot like it before, but they nail it. Awesome. I think my only criticism is maybe everyone talks too much but the characters are the main draw of the game, and all the performances are on point so it's fine really. 

And yeah on PC it looks fucking crazy