passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Halo Infinite

spatular

I played around three hours last night despite being so tired I could barely focus. Oh my, I got goosebumps a few times whilst playing. This is hitting all the right nostalgia notes for me. The grappling hook is a fantastic addition. Grappling a power core, zipping over enemies heads and lobbing explosives at them will never get dull. The sandbox combat here is absolutely sublime.

I managed to clear some sort of refuelling compound pretty early on and bagged a Scorpian for my troubles and have already had a few of the power weapons. It's not holding back on giving you the good stuff early on.

Sounds great, @Whiskey_chaser.

I never had time to get on but checked that my download was indeed the multiplayer, as nag suggested. It was. Although you need it to get the campaign.

By mistake I ended up in this 4 on 4 kill match, which the game wouldn't let me leave. So I had to stay and fight. Turns out I'm quite brilliant at multiplayer. Look.👀

8a048960-d25f-4565-a46c-dfa8129f2f29.png

24 minutes ago, bellow said:

I never had time to get on but checked that my download was indeed the multiplayer, as nag suggested. It was. Although you need it to get the campaign.

By mistake I ended up in this 4 on 4 kill match, which the game wouldn't let me leave. So I had to stay and fight. Turns out I'm quite brilliant at multiplayer. Look.👀

halo-teabag.gif

2 hours ago, bellow said:

I can generally hold my own in multiplayer, though i've had a few games like that where i've absolutely tanked. 

That being said, I think I had the best game of Halo (or any multiplayer shooter) of my life the other night...

44a32f9f-9a24-4d00-9dc1-c3013a37d606.jpg

3 minutes ago, Maf said:

Damn @Whiskey_chaser write down tips and advice what do you got 

Hah - I wish I knew, think that was more luck than judgement. I got the most of those kills holding the objective. I had a shotgun and a gravity hammer and just nailed anyone that got near.

Also, stay close to your team mates and always be aware of the ability you have. I had the repulsor which is great, any close combat sword times get close and you can just blast them backwards and finish them off in the confusion. It's great for knocking back enemy vehicles as well. The grappling hook is also invaluable. It's so easy to grapple jack people out of vehicles, and it's not something I see many people do.

Unless I’ve got lost it’s not linear the campaign? I drifted off rescued some allies destroyed some comms post, found a couple of compounds then thought hang on I’ve left the story behind…need to get back on track. Great game so far!

Amazing opening act, maybe one of the best I've played in a while - tense, exciting and spot on visually.

I wasn't too good at handling the chief at the start. Having played a lot of halo recently, just the inclusion of the grappling hook confused my fingers and had me fumbling a bit. But what an inclusion it is. First person grappling that feels great and never leaves you disoriented. I love it.

I played about an hour and a half. I'll probably start again now that I've got a proper feel for the game (yeah, it's weird, but I do that a lot on new games). I can see this being my favourite in the series. It's just so effing cool to play.

Yeah, the Grappleshot was a brilliant inclusion, the only thing is going back to the games before will really make you miss the thing. It adds so much to some of the tactics and areas you can use all without making you feel overwhelmed. The shooting and traversal both feel top notch so far... 343 are on top of their game.

when you finally get to Zeta it really does show just how nice the game looks...

b5321ce2-c83f-4007-b045-deda071f1d9b.png

85fbef17-0a8e-49a9-8761-6d2150e1af03.png

And it feels like it hasn't dropped a frame in the time I've spent with it.

Although I really want to know what's going on with Cortana (and have a sneaky suspicion that I won't find out) I really like the new AI, Weapon, she's just the right side of perky without being annoying... and Master Chief is just boss like always.

Loving this so far.

I played a little of the campaign and it's cool but I thought I could be a big boy and play it on Heroic but I got kinda owned in a few places so I've only got to where it opens up.  The boss before that took a few tries.

I played quite a lot of the multiplayer today and I'm getting the hang of things I think.  I mostly turn up on the top half of the leaderboard at least.

But I wanna know what the deal is with the Commando Rifle, I really can't seem to find a use for it.  It'll lose to the standard Assault Rifle most of the time at close-ish range and it kicks too much for mid to long range.  I guess it strips shields quicker than most kinetic guns but it feels like it's starts shooting cotton wool once the shield is gone.  And 20 rounds doesn't feel enough, I'm always finishing them off with the pistol.  I think there must be a place for it and keep giving it a chance but I'm getting more convinced there's no context for it and it's just bad.

Its weird for something that isn't plasma based.  I'd just rather have an Assault Rifle or Battle Rifle any time.

Is anyone else completely lost on the story? Just to make sure I read the synopsis of Halo 5 again to refresh my memory but it feels like there's an entire game missing between 5 and Infinite. Maybe it's just the "we'll leave you in the dark" kind of thing but some aspects seem written in a way to remind me of it, not tell me about it.

I've only finished the prologue of sorts, so maybe it'll all make sense later. I like the gameplay so far, standard running speed is a bit too high IMO (there's barely any difference between run and sprint) but the gunplay feels good as usual and the grappling hook is an excellent addition and very versatile.

9 minutes ago, Nag said:

It's been a while since I played 5 but didn't it end on a cliffhanger? And it had all those giant Guardians flying around that'll never get referenced again (probably🤣)

The ending is basically that you fight and defeat that recurring boss, then Cortana convinces all the other AIs of the universe to get on her side and she disappears into space.

And then Infinite starts with Master Chief losing a fight to a Brute, which then gets killed during the time skip, and all of that was supposedly a mission where the "Weapon" should have deleted Cortana, which might or might not have happened.

Potential flashbacks will have to do some heavy lifting to fill all those gaps I think, but it's intriguing, I'll give them that.