passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Pathless

DANGERMAN

From the team that made Abzu, and were part of the team that made Journey, which it isn't unlike.

Gameplay, you slide around the world firing arrows at flags to keep your dash meter topped up. You can just walk, so maybe it's more like NiGHTS. The actual gameplay loop is that you have to find tablets dotted around the landscape, these act as keys and usually involve a puzzle of some sort to unlock, so far nothing especially fiendish, but a few will stump you for a minute. Once you have a key you can cleanse a tower, do enough of these and you get to fight the boss of the area.

You can occasionally be attacked by the boss by being caught in its miasma. These sections are stealth focussed, you have to reach your eagle companion without moving while the corrupted god is looking at you. The boss fights themselves are more on the front foot, not about stealth more about chasing and attacking

The eagle you don't get straight away, but it allows you to glide and eventually add a double 'jump' to that glide. This can be improved by finding yellow orbs dotted around the map, via puzzles and chests, which will let you jump multiple times

I've found this aspect has grabbed me the most. I finished the first area but hung around trying to find all the tablets and secrets of the area. I'm not sure what happens if you get them all but I'm 1 away for the first area