passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Remake

DisturbedSwan

Apart from thinking that the character in the trailer was Kylo Ren, and it being a very short cinematic trailer with no gameplay. Squeak. Very excited.

It’s going to have to be a FF7R style remake though. There’s no amount of graphics that can turn this

n6jrrb6z7qf51.jpg

In to an exciting, big budget game for today’s audience (That screenshot might be the sequel but whatever). 

They’ve got to totally reimagine it from top to bottom. The only thing that can be recycled is the story.

Ahhhhh. Still excited though. This series is what got me in to Star Wars. It’s the best Star Wars product full stop. No movie or game is as good as KotOR 1 and 2

That's a game that everyone goes on about but I know nothing about it. I do like a well regarded RPG tho, although, after being a massive star wars fan as a child, I can't fucking stand what it's become. That last trilogy was a disgrace.

While it's unlikely I'm hoping it's kinda like a Fallen Order follow up with the KotOR story.  And for it to have a lot of new story elements but keep the iconic beats everyone associates with it.

Its just I'm pretty familiar with the original so a FFVIIR type of deal is what I'd prefer too.

8 hours ago, bellow said:

That's a game that everyone goes on about but I know nothing about it.

Stay far away from maf then.

I think this will be the same kind of remake as for example TR Anniversary was. Graphical overhaul but without being too cutting-edge (it's aspyr, they're not the biggest studio), maybe polishing up some aspects (controls etc.) but fundamentally the same thing. 

• 10 months later...

So they had a vertical slice that was received so badly (it seems) that a bunch of people were almost immediately made redundant, and internal dev estimates of project release are 2025, completely out of step with the estimate given to investment partners by the publisher themselves. Speaking of, the publisher hasn't really shipped anything other than mobile ports of existing games, certainly not a full fledged remake of a massive RPG.

Aspyr are shopping around looking for a new dev to work on this but this sounds like a sort of 'soft' cancellation right now. The devs were excited about the thing they were going to show Lucasfilm so I wonder why there was such a disagreement with how it turned out.

Alarm bells were definitely ringing when we’ve heard extremely little about this. I hope they somehow manage to work it out. 
I don’t give a flying fuck about Last Of Us Part 1, there is absolutely no reason for that game to exist.

This on the other hand, is crying out for a Remaster. Guess we will see what happens next.

I've never played KoTOR (well, I technically have, for about 30 minutes before giving up lol) so I'm not really fussed either way about this delay (cancellation?). It would've given me a chance to play it finally with all the modern bells and whistles but at the same time, would it of ever been that great given the developer and publisher? I'm not sure. 

Anyway, I guess we'll see what happens.

• 1 year later...