passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2

DisturbedSwan

4 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

This looked really good. Was there a release date for it? 

Just a generic 'Fall 2023' unfortunately.

Venom's VO has already said it was September though before deleting his tweet shortly afterwards, so I'm betting on the end of September.

2 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I did not like that demo at all, the set piece was so long, boring and uninteractive. But watching it back again I can see the bits I would probably enjoy. Having two very different movesets and characters to bounce around between will probably work out really well and I know the set piece stuff is really only a few select sections of the game

I have Miles Morales on PC, apparently my PC should demolish that game. So I'll give it another chance before this comes out.

I know we come at games completely different with our mindsets and what we want to get out of them, you're gameplay over everything else and that's all good but it really is like we watched two different things lol. I know you're not into set pieces in general from past comments, and again that's fine, but I don't know how anyone could've found that boring lol, I was literally on the edge of my seat watching that with my heart pumping.

I don't get the uninteractive criticism too, you're literally pressing the face buttons to hone in on the Jet Skis in that sequence, using the L2 and R2 triggers to swing and pressing other face buttoms to dodge projectiles, I don't get how that's uninteractive? You're not just watching the sequence, you are swinging along in real time. 

It's brief interactivity with relatively little decision making. It's more or less on rails

The stuff that impressed me in the original game was stuff like the bit where you are attacking Fisk's security guards on a building site. Verticality, different ways in and out, full on violence or stealth, or a mix of both, full use of the city and a specific mission based around using Spidey's kit. But a chase sequence where you are pressing right and left and dodging stuff with QTEs, and dodging spider sense trails, I don't really care about that at all. It doesn't leverage the spidey kit in an interesting way. Like this sounds like some pretentious nerd shite to say but it's like 'popcorn' gaming really.

Tbh, I think the game will be really good. The bits where they actually showed emo spidey and miles kit out it looked like the options were more rich and interesting. It's just when you have a showing that's so linear in its decisions and constantly cut aways to cutscene attacks that I lose interest

I'm with @mfnick lol.

But I do get what you're saying @one-armed dwarf, I will say though that you will feel in control during that set piece, controlling Spidey's inertia and movement, timing the web swings and tweaking your movement so you don't crash straight into the River(Sea?) so it may not be as on rails as you think it is if Spidey 1 & MM are anything to go by is all. But then yeah, I lap all that shit up, gets me so hyped and the adrenaline pumping. I am looking forward to the challenge rooms/levels/areas too though, I loved taking a group of goons down stealthily without being noticed in the first game and the new additions to the arsenal look great from the little they've shown.

It’s a thrill ride that looks great and has lots of exciting shit going on which makes up a small part of a larger mission. Can’t explain why I like that stuff so much, I think it’s just the visual thrill of what’s happening on screen. It’s like the QTE’s in God of War. Sure you’re not actually doing much but it’s better than it just being a non interactive cut scene. & in this context it also serves the story and progressing through land. 

Id take that over say holding forward for 10 minutes walking through an empty landmass in Zelda. Not a dig at Zelda BTW, it’s just what I prefer. It feels like more is going on. Even though it isn’t really. 

Take Asuras Wrath too, another that’s completely style ofver substance and is basically a huge set piece where you don’t do much and it’s one of my favourite games of all time. No joke 

Eurogamer: Here's how character switching in Spider-Man 2 works

"When you're playing the main story, we control when you switch between Pete and Miles... it's done in service to the story when we're making those switches, for sure," Spider-Man 2's creative director Bryan Intihar told Eurogamer in an exclusive interview. "So, as you saw on that gameplay reveal, which is a segment of the main story, we are pre-determining those based on what we want to do for how the story plays out."

"We have content designed around Peter, we have content designed around Miles and we have content where you can play either," Intihar shared. "You'll be able to - in the open world - freely switch between them with a simple button press." This is thanks to the power of the PlayStation 5.

"We have content designed around Peter, we have content designed around Miles and we have content where you can play either," Intihar shared. "You'll be able to - in the open world - freely switch between them with a simple button press." This is thanks to the power of the PlayStation 5.