passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokémon

mmmark

A place for all things Pokémons!

2217EA0E-6919-4ED9-8614-7D39E22E248C.gif

A new series has started that’s free to watch on YouTube called Pokémon Evolutions.

The first episode has been released and the others are scheduled to come on the dates below.

September 9, 2021: “The Champion” featuring the Galar region

September 23, 2021: “The Eclipse” featuring the Alola region

October 7, 2021: “The Vision” featuring the Kalos region

October 21, 2021: “The Plan” featuring the Unova region

December 2, 2021: “The Rival” featuring the Sinnoh region

December 9, 2021: “The Wish” featuring the Hoenn region

December 16, 2021: “The Show” featuring the Johto region

December 23, 2021: “The Quest” featuring the Kanto region

———————

Theres also a new movie coming soon called Pokémon the Movie: Secrets of the Jungle that looks like Ferngully / AVATAR.

• 2 months later...

Not quite media but have you seen what Pokemon cards look like now?

FD85vDmVUAQsjgU?format=jpg&name=medium

FEJPjvsVQBEtWY_?format=jpg&name=large

They look so much cooler than the ones I used to get way back in the day. Although the original shiny Charizard is is actually worth a tonne if you have a good condition one. 

I really looked after mine but my cousin stole them years and years ago I think.

My favourite ones I had was this Japanese Pikach set

Spoiler

3lfcjzauxjt51.jpeg?resize=334,445&ssl=1
poky3-scaled.jpg

Which again now looks like it’s worth some cash 🙁

And I always remember this special Arcanine. I don’t remember why it was special but it was I think

Spoiler

ArcanineWizardsPromo6.jpg

Anyway. The newer Pokemon cards look really cool and much better than the old ones. I would never get back in to collecting them again (but when I see them I kind of want to collect them again lol)

I honestly prefer the more subdued, uniform designs of the old cards, puts more emphasis on the ilustration rather than all the busy stuff around it. The new Mew card in particular looks horrendous IMO, you can barely read the text and the background looks like the insides of a Unicorn. 

Also, wow, those HP values exploded. I remember when 120 or 130 was massive but Vaporeon more than doubles that.

The new cards look great if you just collect cards, but look awful if you're going to play the TCG and actually need to read the text.

Doesn't seem like they've accounted for any TCG player base who might have issues with the all the 'clutter'.

TBH I've not done either for a good many years.

That but they just have so wildly different designs and colour palettes they barely look like they're part of the same TCG.

The old designs are obviously dated but it's a better template IMO.

I think Magic found a better balance here, they give the artwork a decent amount of space on the card but they have a clean and easy-to-read space for explanations underneath.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does an App sort of count as Media? I didn't know where to post

It cost me £8 in total (£5 for Pokemon Bank, £2.99 p/m for Pokemon Home) but I managed to transfer all of my Pokemon all the way back from DPP up to Let's Go on to the Home app 

Spoiler

FOE4zu0VgAA6AIf?format=jpg&name=large

So there's 379 in the Pokedex, but notice it says Pokemon deposited is 614. That's because I just transferred everything including all duplicates, shinnies and my old X/Y competitive teams

Look at these guys

Spoiler

FOE4zvOVQAQVICY?format=jpg&name=large

It goes left to right (maybe obvious). Starting with a Mega and the team revolves around it. My favourites were the Mega Garchomp and Mega Metagross teams. Mega Metagross was a fucking beast. Unfortunately none of the items come over. So they're all gone. But all these Pokemon have more or less perfect IV's which is always nice to have

The only things I didn't bring over were my Sword and Shield Pokemon because I have so few of them that maybe I go back in and spend a day catching everything in sight for Scarlet and Violet later. Not that'll I'll get all of them but I really didn't catch any Pokemon in that game because I didn't like playing it. But I should probably collect as many as I can for later

To talk about the app it's very easy to use. However for the 3DS games you have to do it through Pokemon Bank in to Pokemon Home. Also very easy. But an extra step. It seems to be able to connect to every game one way or another from X/Y, to the eShop versions of RBY/GSC and even Pokemon Go (The Mobile game). The only things that it didn't seem to let me connect to were Pokemon BDSP and Pokemon Legends: Arceus. Maybe they get integrated later? 

Here is a quick video of all of my Pokemon. You'll see tonnes in there with maybe 3-4 duplicates but it's because they all have different builds and were meant for different teams. A really cool feature is it does let you sort the Pokemon by Dex number, and then you can jump to them in their current box. It doesn't actually rearrange the boxes though so that's, eh, would have been nice. 

Spoiler

And @Maryokutai I got a extra special bonus for you. Look who it is! He wants to say hi

Spoiler

FOFEf3iVQBEeqYN?format=jpg&name=900x900

First met in the Unova region. Remember when we used to battle on BW2? 

I know they're all just data files. But it's nice to see. A lot of hours went in to getting these guys. Glad that I can still bring them with me 

• 2 weeks later...

For a super long time I thought Missingno was a Pokemon they scrapped and didn’t finish making in the game. Like they got half way through making a Pokemon called Missingno and was like no, fuck this Pokemon.

I felt so dumb when I realised it’s just a glitch and it’s name is “Missing No” like missing number.

Missingno.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know they’ve remade and technically remade Red and Blue over and over but

One more time like this c’mon, c’mon, c’mon. Call it nostalgia or whatever but Pokemon never looked better than the original Ken Sugimori style