passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dead Space remake

retroed

Been reading that there's a low resolution graphic bug affecting the PS5 version of this and I'm pretty certain I've been hit with it... some of the environments on close inspection seem really low quality.☹

Hope it gets patched and sorted quickly... I don't know whether to put my playthrough on hold for now or not.

There's lots of stuff people are saying about the image quality. I'm not sure if this is the PS5 bug, but apparently all versions have some sort of 'VRS' (an AMD tech, I don't really know what it does but it's for dynamic resolution and performance I think), which is causing problems with textures and image quality. Stuff can look a bit murky and juddery on the edges, and apparently DLSS on PC messes up the texture resolution. 

imo, sit farther away from the TV 🤣

I think my thing nowadays with gaming is that there's that much going on in the game itself and then throw in all the comments you read online and you'll get paranoid about what your seeing and if the game is even behaving correctly...

I guess as long as I'm enjoying it who gives a fuck...🤷‍♂️

You would think if the whole purpose of these remakes (over remasters) is to please the graphics whores. You shouldn't be reading about so many problems with graphical fidelity, out of the gate IE the bit they should be nailing.

7 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

a seamless, blended environment without lots of stark loading screens between levels

Yeah, but Soul Reaver did that in 1999.

Meanwhile, the monorail/loading sections were a nice, brief bit of respite in the original. Much like the save rooms in RE.

It's around the 14 minute mark where they bring up what's going on with the PS5 version... basically that uses a software solution to VRS where as the Xbox and PC use a hardware version. Hopefully a patch can sort it... and this'll need three runs for the Platinum anyway.😂

It's a damn shame that all three original games didn't get 4k updates when that was the thing with the One X.... they look great still but that would've been the cherry on the cake.

PC

Honestly, looking at this it doesn't seem that bad at all. The traversal stutter is a slight hitch going in and out of doors, not that big a deal imo even if it shouldn't be happening on DF's hardware here.

The shader cache not being thorough and the insane VRAM issues (18:30 to see) are the real problem though. VRAM requirements seem out of control right now, between this and Forspoken. Hard to see why but it seems there's something going wrong with its management, and it's largely nvidia cards that are having the problem (AMD has tons of VRAM)