passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dead Space remake

retroed

Playing through the original game right now makes me hope they implement the impale system from the second game... using Necro arm blades to nail enemies to the walls was so satisfying in DS2.

Devs have also talked about there being no loading screens in the game and being able to play through without a camera cut (bit like the most recent God of War) so I wonder how they'll deal with the whole tram transport thing in the game.

Hopefully get rid of it. One of the worst aspects about DS1 is how formulaic it is. DS1 goes from super scary game to really kind of predictable by the halfway point. One of the many reasons DS2 is better. 

?... I'm not sure if you two are talking about the same thing I mean? I'm thinking about when you get on the tram to end each chapter and begin the next as that usually involves moving to a whole new area. Are they going make the whole ship interlink? make the tram journey interactive in some way? that kind've thing.

12 minutes ago, Nag said:

?... I'm not sure if you two are talking about the same thing I mean? I'm thinking about when you get on the tram to end each chapter and begin the next as that usually involves moving to a whole new area. Are they going make the whole ship interlink? make the tram journey interactive in some way? that kind've thing.

Yeah, I’m talking about that. Where every level except the end one starts at a tram, get told to go fix a thing, return to tram for next level. It’s formulaic and makes for repetitive action. 

I like the second one where they naturally and with variety get the player from level to level. 

I like DS1 a lot so this is not to be like “Yer, the game is bad” because it isn’t it’s really good. Just that particular part of the structure made the game a bit boring. 

32 minutes ago, Nag said:

make the tram journey interactive in some way?

That's what I meant. Isaac gets on the (infested) tram - which references the original - then the rest of the game is interconnected, without the need for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Apparently dis is a ting about the ded spase

When they say early they ain't kidding, it's got the effect of a kickstarter update. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing or anything

Based on what they are showing tho it appears to be a remake in the style of Demon's Souls. Rather than Resident Evil 2. At least on what they are showing right now.

Hard to get too hype from my perspective, as I found the OG very flawed from a pacing and structure PoV. Definitely not a 'perfect' game for me but just my opinion and all