passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Steam Deck

DisturbedSwan

• 3 months later...

Valve is reviewing the entire Steam catalog on Deck.

After each game is reviewed, it is categorized for its level of compatibility of Steam Deck. You’ll see these categories on Steam, when you’re browsing your library or shopping for games on Deck.

Four categories of Deck compatibility

compatibility_ghostrunner.png
VERIFIED

The game works great on Steam Deck, right out of the box.

compatibility_tf2.png
PLAYABLE

The game may require some manual tweaking by the user to play*.

compatibility_half-life_alyx.png
UNSUPPORTED

The game is currently not functional on Steam Deck.

compatibility_day-of-defeat.png
UNKNOWN

We haven't checked this game for compatibility yet.

Short version rather than me pasting the whole page. Valve are testing the whole Steam library to see if it works on Steam Deck (to a point, I suspect some of the more obscure dodgy stuff is getting ignored), and will mark it accordingly. Green tick means it fully works, yellow ! means it works but you might have to fiddle with some things like downloading controller profiles (like the Steam Controller did), ? they haven't tested it yet, and a no entry sign it doesn't work, pretty much designated for VR games

If you want more detail you can go to the Steam page for the game and it will have more, as shown below

compatibilityModal_tf2-english.jpg

https://www.steamdeck.com/en/verified

the steam controller is really comfy to hold so hopefully that's a good sign, although i've never played a game with it.

did you guys see the mini teardown valve did?

i still can't decide if i want one, and if so what size (get a 64 and upgrade it?), i don't really trust the emulation layer stuff so would install windows on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

apparently (I read this in a comments section), the issue with Persona 4 is the cut scenes are in some weird codec. Valve are supposed to be working on a universal converter, so by release it should be working, although Feb 25th is sooner than I expected. I suppose at least by the time I get mine it will be sorted

Yea that’s what I read too. Ive got one pre-ordered but I doubt I’m in the first batch. But genuinely P4 is one of the main reasons I want it so if they can’t get that working, & depending on first hands on impressions, it may be a deal breaker for me. At launch anyway. 

Yeah I think I read that there's already a solution in Linux for codecs so there might already be a work around available, will be interesting to see how easy it is to get other stores working as well.  Apparently it's just Gamepass which you can't get working on Linux so that promising as well. I'm sure once people get there hands on them things will move quite quickly.

Reserved mine last night, not sure if I'll go through with it when I eventually get allotted one (not expecting anytime before September) but it looks like a nifty bit of kit at the moment and will be cheaper than a Gaming Laptop for something I can play on the couch when the missus is watching TV in the evenings. 

As for Persona 4, get a Vita you chumps. 😂

• 2 weeks later...

I looked on reddit and apparently there is a fork of proton you can install to get P4 working.

This is it. Lots of steps, but that's linux gaming for ya

https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom

In the meantime, it's unlikely the game will work unless Atlus do some work I think as it's due to windows codecs not working on linux. So it's as much a copy right problem as it is technical probably. edit DM says valve are doing something about it, but who knows when it comes out