passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Steam Deck

DisturbedSwan

I've been following some posts in this thread here, hard to tell how long it could be cause some people aren't getting updates even when the thing actually arrives

https://www.resetera.com/threads/steam-deck-shipping-ordering-ot-valve-cant-count-to-q3.561127/page-30

Right now for me it just says shipment processing

On another note, wrt a game like 13 sentinels that is actually a game I was waiting for on PC. So when it eventually comes across I would like to try and play on PC and this, kinda like a switch but I dont use the switch anymore 

Anyway, making an attempt at putting together a library of stuff I reckon I want to try out using steam's collection feature, will probably cut some of this stuff out when the realities of the limits of 512GB storage come apparent (assuming that the OS reserves some of that, or they count it in a tricky way like the PS5 does). Not checked yet what works on linux and what doesnt but the machine itself will filter the list down for me anyway

Spoiler

deck.png

So I'm thinking it'll mostly be a retro RPG, 'backlog' and old game machine, I think that's a good idea. So maybe time to shop for some JRPG ports and infinity engine games. 

Not really looking to put massively taxing stuff on it, just cause of fan noise and heat stuff which I hear might be a complaint other's are having. Elden Ring fits into that category a bit, but I'm moreso curious if it's true that the proton version fixes the stutter issue the windows version has

18 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Order completed on Thursday, shipping/tracking info comes today. It's being handled by GLS who I've never heard of but reading online people don't hold them in very high regard. Oh well, lets see how long it takes 🤷‍♂️

Is it being shipped from the US?

On 19/04/2022 at 19:31, DANGERMAN said:

I think it was Spatular telling me that someone's went missing, Valve said they didn't have any spare stock so had to just refund them and tell them to join the queue again 😬

yeah that's what i read somewhere, seems like they did get a replacement in the end it just took a while, so that's good news.

• 3 months later...

I haven’t really seen anything about the Steam Deck that appeals to me until this

That’s pretty fucking cool. Look at Pokemon XY. Looking super sharp. You can use it the same way for Wii U games as well according to the responses. Tv/monitor as one screen and the deck for the second screen. 

• 1 year later...