passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Arrested Development

DANGERMAN

The guy who played Steve Holt must have been about 30 in the earlier series'.

I agree it has a slow start but that's only because of the way it unfolds. Instead of going chronologically it jumps about so earlier episodes get confusing until it's all the bits in the later episodes are put into place. I think I might watch it again further down the line so it's all a bit clearer.

I thought it was interesting that Michael was as much of an arsehole as the rest of the family in this series rather than being the moral compass on the most part.

This is from imdb message boards so pinch of salt.

Was that really Justin Grant Wade, who played Steve Holt in the first three seasons?

When Gob's son, Steve Holt, reappeared in Season 4, he was barely recognizable -- as Michael so gently put it, he looked fifty years old. In real life, Wade still looks his age (he's 29!). He just wore a bald cap with a wig to make it look like his hairline had drastically receded for Season 4.

Yeah I read that.

I've finished it, thought it was dead clever.

I heard on the Bombcast that very rarely the actors worked together so there was a lot of green screen stuff that is meant to be really bad and obvious but I never noticed it.

Started from scratch and a few episodes in on the first series there isn't anything I hadn't noticed before.

I'm not sure how much is green screen but a lot of the talking shots are done with doubles for the back of the persons head I think or something like that. There is sonething a bit odd about some scenes anyway.

I pretty much watched it all back to back as I've been ill the last couple of days, it was really good, very cleverly executed. Thought the last episode was a bit duff though. Also it gave me weird fever dreams.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Good news - series 5 starts 29th of May.

Better news - official remix of series 4 is up on Netflix now.

Even better news - original version of the series is still there if you look in Trailers.

I know I’m in the minority, but I liked series 4, despite its flaws, mostly surrounding the horrendous green screen and over the shoulder shots.