passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guardians of the Galaxy

DisturbedSwan

I don’t know how to describe it other than this game looks like it ‘moves’ like a mid gen 360 game. The graphics are significantly better, but the way the characters jump and move, how basics the linear 3rd person action is, this game looks old. It’s not even out yet.

Looking at some of the individual reviews it seems a bit mixed, lots of praise for the story but criticism for the gameplay.

I guess I'm sorta leaning towards being a bit more interested tho cause I expected it to be mostly negative. Just wonder how hard that story is carrying things, cause a really good story can do a lot I suppose. See Nier.

I mean the Previews last month were positive, so yeah I'm not so sure why you guys were expecting this to be a trainwreck. I guess due to the fallout of Avengers being just 'good' or mediocre I guess, critically and commercially derided you put 2 + 2 together and made 5. 

It's nice to believe in a game and it actually come good for once. I still don't expect this to perform too well commercially though.

Avengers not being good is more like putting 2+2 together to make 4. Same tech, same studio but different team probably. I played a lot of Avengers and I think the combat in it looks better than even the positive previews of GotG and something like that can be a massive dealbreaker for me. Sometimes, as mentioned Nier is an exception.

IMO anyway it's just expectations, this is a preview thread. Unless you've played it you won't actually know. The actual impressions thread will be upcoming :) --->

I thought the game wasn't going to be good because it's always looked rough and I was blown away it had an October release date. Right back to when this game was first shown in whatever E3 thread it was I said this does not look good. So it's nothing to do with Avengers, coverage or anything. Purely what they showed, it looked kind of crappy (Still looks kind of crappy).

I'm surprised that score is that high, but I'm glad it is. I'd rather it be a good game than a bad game. I just didn't think it would be.