passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

one-armed dwarf

Might be in the minority but I thought Other-M was really good...

This looks cool, too. I saw a leak about this a while ago which is a shame it wasn’t a full surprise, but it looks cool. I’ll play this game. 

Other M as an action game was solid, it just utterly failed at being a Metroid game.

I liked this one, too. It looks as basic as a PS2 game but that's not necessary a bad thing. It's not particularly appealing from a visual standpoint though, I think I saw three or four different colours there and one of those was that weird guy's hair.

So while this is technically very shonky and the first half of the fight looks repetitive as fuck I'm weirdly into what's going on here. I wish the spear attacks actually had some impact but there's enough mechanically that looks interesting to me. Also I like the way you can hear the FF1 battle theme sometimes

Basically just looks like Final Fantasy Souls, but you can jump like a dragoon. 

Anyway the fact that it has a job system should save it from being too mundane

Anyway

Job system is a cool idea, probably just a more free-flow version of the classes seen in other games like this, but without locking you to one at the start of the game. 

That fight was really boring to watch though but I have the feeling it's some kind of tutorial thing in the full version, à la Dracula in Symphony of the Night. We'll see.

That tweet is excellent.

• 3 months later...

This game looks pretty cool still

I played some of the demo, it looks and runs like a PS3 game but at a higher resolution (but not a very high one). What's going on with this game?

I guess there's 6 months still or whatever, but it still feels too shonky even with the time left. I dunno. Comparing this now to the gamescom demo of FFVII Remake, this feels thrown together

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...