passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

I was going to say, I think this is why crossplay took so long. At launch it was something like 6-7 frames lag on PS, a 4-5 frame gap between a PC Chipp and a PS5 Potemkin would have been hell. 1 frame, not so bad, that kind of gap already exists between different pc configurations.

They need to fix it so that PS5 players can use different controllers (arcade sticks, hitbox) next. Sony are probably invested in this somewhat cause they own Evo and will want to move people away from PS4 eventually, when new fighters come out.

People out there getting used to the new character

You can cancel the divebomb, that's cool

6:14 for your 2k->2d safe jump setup, throw out the yoyo on hkd and do the dive kick thing, I think. I assume the dive is active enough to hit meaty here

I watched that video you posted @one-armed dwarf and here’s another one

Looks like she has great pressure and left/right mix. Might not have the 4 way mix of Millia but makes up for it that doesn’t need knock down to set it up. 

Got some pretty good extra tools too in DP and command grab

The range on those normals are so long as well.

This character looks like it’s got a lot going for it, I think the only problem is it’s another light character in a game with crazy damage

Hard to know really because none of the people she's fighting in that video seem to really challenge any of her pressure cause nobody knows where the gaps are yet. Not like Anji can just throw a hail mary DP to get out of it

My thing is to always just wait until i find someone good who beats me up and create recordings of their blockstrings to figure out. Some characters have really specific things you need to work out how to safely challenge, like Baiken's h kabari thing. 

I perfected a guy 3 times in a row and he sent me a message that just says 

“Bro. GG”

lol. He doesn’t know that the match before I got absolute smashed by someone dusting me over and over and I can’t react to it. 

Here’s a longer video from my matches the other day

First is the end of me 3-0-ing a Testament that refuses to block. Will just not accept that you can’t always punch

Then a Ky who, look, yes the Dust was disrespectful and I shouldn’t of done it. But it’s Ky. He’s in-fucking-vincible. What was I supposed to do?

Then I perfect a Baiken 3 times n a row. Don’t really know what he was doing to be honest 

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit this is the greatest humiliation I’ve faced online. This guy just used me to practice he’s blocking skills and I still lost.

How you lose to someone who won’t attack? Like this 🙁

Look at how easy it is to block Potemkin. 

Need to start looking into that burst bait thing that he does at :57, cause I've seen it a lot from other players. Maybe I'll grab this replay on PS and see what exactly is being input for it cause I think it's an option select.

Or maybe just do me a favour and replace that video with the replay which has the inputs, thanks very much

Oh this is a celestial match, now you see the difference between bad Pots and the ones who know what's up, lol. GG on actually winning a match of the set tho

That's the move, it's the 'your stuck' move

That move is his win condition. You guess grab and jump out, or your block the next attack. In neutral if you think it's coming out you backdash and eat the damage cause it gets you out of range of his pressure. But you really can't do much about it near the wall, you're done if you're a light character, game over

Blocking is easy tho 🤣

I never said blocking is easy. I said blocking is easier than pressure. I also said the worst characters to block against are guard crush characters. For example. 

Look at that guy block me he had no trouble at all 🙁

This Ky must be a newbie Celestial because I did this shit like a fucking speed run

I wish it was always like this

I’m done for today. I absolutely can’t do the TK overhead today at all and some of the stuff I’ve been practicing still not happening in games. Hmm. 

PC is also way easier than PS as well because there’s more people. Most people still playing the PS version are either chumps like me who can’t get off floor 10 or level 1000+ celestial gods who can’t be beat. 

I’m ok with floor 10 forever. I can almost believe that. 

Well that Ky isn't a celestial player, not really. The badge just means he got in once. Unless you're playing them on the floor it doesn't mean much, maybe they got in at launch when the population skill level was low and literally never got in again.

However I did load up the PS version a while ago and yes the environment on there has gotten to a point that the population is very low and mostly populated by celestial players or people in the celestial waiting room.

Nooooo I was playing really well!

I actually managed to win a set against a level 1000 Ky and, I”m not blaming it solely on this, but the fucking doorbell went and super distracted me. I didn’t even get up to answer it. It was the £1000 for the TV I was like I don’t care I have to play this but it was on my mind and I was like ahh fuck

I mean, constantly, against every Ky ever, thinking I can jump the arc move was getting to me as well as the fact that you can’t attack straight away after Millia’s command dash which I think is bullshit by the way. It’s slow enough already. But it’s my fault for keep trying it over and over.

But it all started from the doorbell it threw me off. I only know one person and they never come round. Why did it have to be at this moment. 

Also this Bridget player has been bullying me all day 

I’m putting her on the list. I don’t think Bridget is top tier. But I’m fucking struggling to deal with her pressure, particularly in the corner. She’s got great pressure, great stagger and a command grab that can seem to come out on any hit. I think she might have Millia’s problem where her high/low is not very strong. But she makes up for it with oppression.

The reach on this bitch, too. Holy fucker. And the jumping attacks. I don’t think Bridget is top tier, but I definitely think she has the making to be strong A-tier material.

I might have to learn how to play her a little bit. I think that’s the only way I’ll get an idea how to really deal with it. 

I said I wasn’t going to waste my extra Saturday and play Guilty Gear all day. 

5 hours later…😭

Also how does everyone and their dog know you can beat Millia’s quadruple overhead with a throw. I didn’t know that shit. I’m starting to try learn some different kinds of pressure but either me or the tech has some huge holes in it. Not sure which yet.

Oh, extra thought. I finally realised why Ky is so hard for me. He’s a character I can’t jump out of the corner against very easily. One of Millia’s blessings is her mobility so if I can find a gap, jumping out against most characters not too bad. But Ky doesn’t allow for it at all, on top of it’s just not a good idea to jump against him in general. He’s like Anji in that respect. I think this is why I struggle with these characters because I do love to jump