passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

These guys were the toughest guys I’ve ever fought in the game. Including Celestials on floor 10 and Celestial challenges or whatever. Straight fucking murderers. 

The only matches I won were when I spaghetti’d them to death with a bunch of awkward and unintentional resets 

Ok I know we’ve talked about it this before but this is bullshit, no?

I laughed so hard at this. I was so high he wasn’t even on screen and I didn’t drop. I hit my capple perfect lol

Thankfully this guy was bad and I won 2 of our 3 sets so I can laugh about this but damn 

Here is some short videos and a match

First up if you can only escape this super by jumping, then how do you escape in the corner?

Here is the game roll backing so hard it almost took a win away from me. You can see the screen rewind back to the fight even though I hit the guy

I lose 1-2 against this Zato but look how much better my defence is getting against him! This one probably doesn’t have the best mix but I still think I do well. Despite losing. Those god damn air grabs imagine being that good to do those

and here was me going 2-1 against a Celestial Gio. Now in reflection this Gio is not the best, but I’ll take it

Spoiler

He was bad, I beat him 4/6 so he wasn’t playing anything. He got lucky. You don’t think I’m a bit high to be grabbed from the ground like that? Lol. I’m at the top of the screen! It’s so funny. 

No, that’s because his grab gives him a jump. So he pops all the way up to grab me even when I’m at the top of the screen

This is where I’m at when I start the capple. Look at his P2 sign

FItEjdZXwAg24S3?format=jpg&name=large

And then the super sound kicks in. You can see the camera turning for the super where I get frozen. He is still not on screen. In fact you can even see his super meter has gone

FItE7yKWQAAEBCh?format=jpg&name=large

But then! Plot twist

I agree it's just a super crazy move 

This is why it's a 7-3 match up because you can't run at him or jump. Even if you try to play around him to get the most of Millia's mobility is to jump. It's rough shit. 

Got 2 Celestial challenges on the PC version and got manhandled in both. First was a Gio which. Sigh. A bad or average Gio is quite beatable because she must have the fewest moves in the game. They're decent but she is quite limited so she's easier to predict. The problem is when you fight good players and the pressure never ends. Once in the corner, aside from using FD, how do you get out? She's similar to Ky but more ferocious because she is faster. 

The second challenge was to a Golddick who, if I'm right people give the match up clearly in Millia's favour. I can't substantiate that because I don't know where to find this info. It's just the sense I pick up online. Not to me, man, he is one of the worst. I just can't beat him. I don't know what to do. I don't even know where I'm going wrong, I just can't get on the inside. 

I'm desperate, absolutely desperate for them to do something about Millia's overheads in her pressure. Her 6K you can fast count to 3 before it hits. The JH is too slow and predictable. TK Bad Moon is too difficult of an input to do. I can do it during a 6H, but people are blocking it after I do it once. If I'm lucky I can do it off a CS, but it's unreliable to put it nicely. And there's no fucking chance of doing it raw. Even in training I can't get it. 

The only options left to get in is too grab. Which, I mean it works, but mostly to get in close I have to Mizrah which again once people have seen it once. Or...what else do you have? I saw someone fast dust in to RC which looks cheap as shit but honestly I might need to start showing it to get people to just stop sitting there blocking low all the time. 

I dunno, man. This game has made me a whiny pig tonight. But I honestly can't value Millia anywhere outside of one of the bottom 5 characters in the game. I think Chipp is the worst. Kind of for the same problems as Millia. He does have better mix up options in pressure but once you're used to them, they're not that hard to get past.

Faust is worse than Millia but because of the RNG every now and then they're just chaotic as shit.

I'll put Golddick in the bottom 5 because when you have a match up like Axel then that's just fucked. But it's only one match up as far as I can see, but I'll grant him a spot.

Then I would say Jack-O. Who's kind of nasty sometimes but from what I understand is so complicated and requires so much work and what do you really get out of it? It appears, I use appears as a qualifier because I've never touched either. But she appears to be as hard as Zato but not as good. Similar concept kind of, but way easier to get in on than Zato. But what does she get to show for it? Some nasty mix ups sure. But again not as good as Zato. 

Then Millia. For someone who is about mix ups she is just too linear. She's also the only character in the game apart from Golddick (Who can guard crush so good trade off) but Millia is the only character who has a true 3-4 hit combo depending on distance and then you're out of options. And they all hit fucking low! 

This is my bottom 5. I can't think of who else in the game I would value less.

Now granted I don't play any other characters I just get my ass whooped by them but from that perspective this is how it seems. 

What I want to see from the next patch is a buff to Millia's 5H. make is slower, but make it overhead. Give her a chance to mix it up on the ground during pressure. Even if it's really slow, you need something to frighten them with otherwise they just sit there and wait for you to run out of moves and then bang their turn. 

I final whine of the night, because forgive me, but I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH IT. But I would love for a game designer from the developer to do character breakdowns on how they think the character is supposed to be played. I would just love to have some insight in to what the idea or the plan is. Maybe it would make more sense. Because I just get the sense that Millia is no one's favourite character Arcsys. Why else would they leave her so empty handed? Like they figured out her H DIsc bullshit and went that'll do for her, whatever about the rest. 

Leo, though, we like him lets Pimp My Ride this muthafucka.

Sigh. It's been an evening. 

I wouldn't hold out much hope for radical system changes at this point, unless they announce Strive: Rev 2 or whatever they decide to call it.

I'm pretty much done with it now anyway, imma try melty again. I think it's unfortunate tho with this game the way they designed this system, and I think you must get what I was saying before now. How you bounce between 10 and Celestial, it isn't really skill based matchmaking. It's herding an extremely broad skill range of players into a very large pool and just saying 'go for it'.

Aside from grabs being wild, I don't think mechanically the game is bad. I really like it. I just think there are certain characters that got short changed, and certain characters that got put on pedestals and grapes fed to them.

They could fix that in patches. It took 3 years but every character in DBFZ is generally awesome and gets rated either A or S tier. Except for Yamcha I think Yamcha is the new Goku Black (Ie the punchline). But everyone else is perfectly viable. 

They even made mechanics changes in the last DBFZ patch. So I think there's time and hope for Guilty Gear to be readjusted. If they will and how they will I dunno but this game will get 'better' as it goes. 

I love playing Millia. Don't get me wrong I love playing this character, she's so much fun. She is just missing a few key tools IM amateur O. I don't think the mechanics are against her I think the competition is just too strong 

This video is not particularly notable, but the final move is good. More a test for how to do video on PC. Will need some free editing app or something the YT tools are very slow. I trimmed this but it's not actually processed yet. Also the thumb nail stuff is lame. 

Anyway. Good final play in this video and this guy's name is disgusting. 

I meant to do stuff today but I've played this for like 6 hours over 2 sessions ow I hurt so much 

EDIT: Oh, also this game is gross

Capture.PNG

Trying to get this final trophy for the plat. Have to beat the secret boss in arcade mode. You get to him by beating 8 characters without losing a single round. Which is not so bad because they’re not that hard and if you do lose, lose the second one on purpose and retry.

However character 8 is a buffed up Nago and even using the recommended cheese starts he’s fucking whooping me. The score is currently 7-38. 

This is not even the secret boss