passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

Millia can now cancel out of air dashes, both back'n'forth. It'll be interesting to watch LK and Jester and see what they can do with the new shit. I don't have the imagination for it. I'm not sure how helpful that will be. 

Also they say there is "higher return" on the roll. Again not smart enough to figure out the +'s. 

I can't do note oki anymore cause the note comes out faster and zooms past people.

But I can note oki on normal knockdowns from a distance. Just 2k->2D seems scuffed by the changes.

Thankfully this honest tech still works however. 

So instead of playing matches I should just keep practicing this and practice my safe jumps cause apparently the input buffer for reversals are larger

I dunno, seems like a bad idea. Millia got the biggest uplift of this patch, like I-No did in the last patch. You're gonna miss out on all the new tech in this period. She can cancel her cancels, and cancel them as well. Triple cross up with the 214k into capel into fuck your block i'm in front of you no I'm behind you now

Oh well, Ram's are easy. Hamburger brains, that's what I call them.

Speaking of new tech, this is another one I'm trying to practice. I've got that anti wall splat stuff mostly locked down now, just need to actually use it more often in a fight without it backfiring massively and losing (which happens a lot lmao)

I-No did not receive big buffs specifically for her this patch, but the system changes to air gatlings have actually made air to airs viable for her. Whereas before doing that was like putting your head in a vice, especially against this bitch. 

I'm not good at reading when to use these, but I was watching a pretty miserable 0-3 match I had against a floor 8 millia and took some notes. They kept using j.H to escape my predictable wall pressure. So I labbed this, if I can get a hard read of a millia that does this and pull it off it would be pretty poggers. 

(This won't work with the fd changes tho, have to lab stuff for that also. It basically shuts down wall pressure now)

Stuff like this wasn't possible until j.S could gatling into j.H and air combos can be extended like this. I still have to test if it even works on other characters tho, it might not. This is the stuff I'm most interested in from the patch though, as I think these types of changes could be fairly transformative to the game not just for this character. Cause previously the air gameplay just fucking sucked and was boring. Now there's gatlings that didn't exist, think there's more dash cancelling that can be done but not really tried it out.

I'm sure tho twitter has something much more optimised, but it's only day 3 or whatever. 

I’ve seen people cancel Millia’s roll with her Winger super. It looks very cool and dirty but the input is 214K > 6321456H. The vanish is fast so you have to do it so quickly. Seems like Hitbox exclusive move 😢