passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Lost Judgement

DisturbedSwan

Certainly glad it’s cross gen, as a PS5 isn’t on the agenda just yet.

Hopefully they’ll scale back the “follow a person for ages without being seen” sections, as that’s just massively tedious. Especially when you have two back to back, leading to almost 10 minutes of the bloody thing.

I’ll just be glad if the combat isn’t anything similar to Like A Dragon. The switch to RPG mechanics ruined that game for me. And I absolutely do not want to see it return ever again. Some people liked it, and fair enough. I drastically didn’t, and I’d rather they kept it as a one-off.

Excited for this, I enjoyed the Story of the First though it did hit while I was suffering Yakuza Burnout.

So excited to play a second title and put a bit more time into it.

I also see they have confirmed Yakuza is sticking with turn based, which I am in 2 minds about, While it makes sence to have 2 different franchises covering different genres , Im slightly disapointed that Yakuza is going the RPG route and Judgmenent sticking with the Yakuza mechanics, given that I was a Yakuza fan fromDay 1 ( yeah I know im so hipster) feel like a bit of a kick in the teeth, but also  get that it makes sense after the franchise reboot and new characters.

Guess Judgement may become my new favorite, cant see myself abandoning Yakuza as I did enjoy the story in Like a Dragon, but I just felt detached from it, felt more intimate smashing through hordes as one of the sol protagonists.

Maybe Sega need to make more franchises in the series, afterall there is plenty of characters from the Yakuza franchise they could use.

Hell Bring Kiryu back in his new civilian life arc, where I can be a Taxi Driver, or a Samurai Farmer ?

Could even make a Sega Cinematic Universe which eventually comes together as the Sega Avengers.

Just leave that wanky blue hedgehog out of it.

Going back to the trailer though, think looks like its shaping up too be a good story again.

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

also see they have confirmed Yakuza is sticking with turn based,

Woohoo!!! 
Fuck you guys, the turn based combat, scenarios and visual gags that created were brilliant. 

Still not played Judgement, need to get to it. 

26 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Woohoo!!! 
Fuck you guys, the turn based combat, scenarios and visual gags that created were brilliant. 

Still not played Judgement, need to get to it. 

Go get your own franchise you filthy franchise destroyers ?

Where did it say they’re making Yakuza stick to turn based? As I’ve only one word for that: Fuck.

It ruined Like A Dragon for me. The heat combat of the previous games is just so much better. I cannot be arsed with grinding RPG style, it’s a total chore. If that’s true, they’re going to ruin my favourite franchise. Fucks sake.

2 minutes ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Where did it say they’re making Yakuza stick to turn based? As I’ve only one word for that: Fuck.

It ruined Like A Dragon for me. The heat combat of the previous games is just so much better. I cannot be arsed with grinding RPG style, it’s a total chore. If that’s true, they’re going to ruin my favourite franchise. Fucks sake.

https://kotaku.com/future-yakuza-games-will-stick-with-turn-based-battles-1846846867

I feel your pain, HopefullyJudgement will sucseed in picking up that side of the franchise

I think it is actually quite clever keeping the Turn-Based Combat for Yakuza going forward but reserving the action combat for the Judgement series. It creates a clear differentiation between the two series.

With Ichiban’s character it would be pretty weird if they abandoned the Turn-Based Combat now, it’s a part of his character, being into Dragon Quest etc. It’s the way he ‘sees’ battles play out in his mind. It’s kind of weird a lot of RPGs are stepping away from turn-based systems and RGG Studio are doing the opposite lol.

It sucks for you guys who didn’t enjoy it though ? and I feel for you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...