passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset Ɨ
MFGamers

Resident Evil VillagešŸ§Ÿā€ā™€ļø

Nag

aa90d4c7-97f1-4605-bd29-45d05e94624f.png

Ā 

So the full game is out, I've spent the morning playing it... bear in mind I didn't play any of the demo's so the opening is all new to me.

Ā 

I think everyone by now everyone should be able to gather what happens in the beginning, Chris being all dark and barrel chested, anyhow you soon wake up at night, in the snow... looking for Ethans baby.

Ā 

d34d7cf2-e204-421b-b6dd-fdd64a98bd4d.png

Ā 

To me the game looks really pretty, the lighting is really good and so far (using RT) the performance seems to be holding up nicely. I never overly liked the shooting in 7 and this seems very close, I've recently picked up an add on to my pistol and that's definitely helped... I feel much happier in these third personĀ Resi games with a shotgun in my hands though.

Ā 

The start of the game is almost a bit too much, there were times I wasn't sure if I should be trying to kill all these things or running away... that's also happened a couple of times in the castle where I'm up to now. Things have calmed a bit since getting in there though and it's a gorgeous place to explore. I do wish the movement speed was a bit quicker though.

Ā 

efdce74e-f360-4cd1-bb42-18cd5bac0cb2.png

Ā 

So farĀ so good then, looking forward to finding out a bit more on these freaks who are making life a tad rough for old Ethan.

Ā 

Spoiler

9e79cf72-5660-4ae8-b82e-6a1c6adff54c.png

Ā 

502c2dad-f664-4bc6-bd43-9f4c8d3d17c8.png

Ā 

57083aab-9a77-4b9e-a5b6-9dd2468ea220.png

Ā 

7f8ac333-9dc3-4750-8952-fc2c626b6087.png

Ā 

da72f5a9-b9ef-468a-afff-8bad1edf7ffa.png

Ā 

Played my first hour of this, and itā€™s running brilliantly on my day one PS4. The days of major titles being on PS4 are undoubtedly coming to an end, but Iā€™m definitely glad to see this is playing great. Unlike other absolute trainwrecks I could mention (cough Cyberpunk cough).

Ā 

Finished up at around 6 hours played and two Lords down,Ā Lady Dimitrescu andĀ Donna Beneviento.

Ā 

I've enjoyed my time played with it, the atmosphere is spot on... it's definitely not scary, although there's one part that's definitely freaky... all I'll say is wailing baby and see what other people think of that part.

Ā 

Unfortunately, and I don't think I'm spoiling anything here, Capcom blew their load with Lady Dimitrescu... pretty much showing all they could of her short of the end fight. Her and the daughters are criminally underused.

Yeah, from the spoiler-free reviews Iā€™ve read, Lady D isnā€™t featured much. But then, I donā€™t get the huge hype the internet has for her anyway, creaming their jeans to a ridiculous level. ā€œOooh, she has big knockersā€. Yeah, and?

I don't mind if RE isn't scary, cause it's only been scary about 5% of the time. If it delivers on the haunted house exploration and inventory management stuff then that's enough for me. If it turns into a Revelations game later on, well hopefully the early half is at least good at the RE stuff

I only played a tiny bit of the opening but it seems to be dealing with memory leak issues on PC. Like I would open a wardrobe and trigger a silly little scene and then the framerate will drop to 60 and stay there until you restart (but I havent' worked out how saves work yet so that's spicy).

Ā 

It also lacks a lot of stuff like FoV options so it might be better to go with consoles, it's not pushing PC super hard anyway. Other than I guess the part where it has a memory leak. I'm in no rush I guess.

IĀ canĀ play with Yuffie though... so there's that.?

Ā 

Anyhow, I'm up to just over 9 hour in this now... although it's probably closer to 12 with restarts and stuff, I'm not sure how the game is tallying the time. I've had nothing but a good time with it, for me it's much more enjoyable than 7... it's got just the right amount of exploration and (optional) backtracking to make things interesting. I'm playing normal and at one point I felt way overpowered and was carrying close to 200 handgun bullets, although I never have enough shotgun ammo... there are optional mini bosses that have sucked up a hell of a lot of that ammo now.

Ā 

Not sure you can consider this a spoiler but just in case I've now

Spoiler

left the Village (and can't go back)

and it's changed the look of the game quite a bit. I'm still none the wiser as to what's going on in the story but the Umbrella symbol is now featuring heavily along with a connection to Dulvey. I'm not entirely sure how much game I have left but at this rate I'll be sad to see it end...

Ā 

@mfnick... in regards to you worrying about the game being open world and hunting, don't be... it's basically a hub area with a finite number of creatures in it, kill them once and they're gone forever.

Ā 

The sun came out late game, the lighting is great.

238e6def-94b1-46ae-94d2-c45748d498c1.png

Ā 

e6f652e1-7da7-4473-a64e-710af1a6b6c3.png

Ā 

58c166b2-b493-4d3d-a798-c5af61a2c0ec.png

Ā 

Spoiler

7674f094-9dca-41e8-a317-748670c8a355.png

Ā 

Just finished my first playthrough, 10 hours, though I did die a few times so itā€™s probably a bit longer than that.

Ā 

Really enjoyed this, itā€™s certainly more action packed than 7 was. I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s my favourite Resi, but itā€™s definitely a great game.Ā 
Though it has to be said that Duke isnā€™t anywhere near as memorable as the Merchant from Resi 4. Nothing he said ever had the classic tinge of ā€œWhatā€™re ya buyinā€ about him. And most of the time he barely reacted to the high value treasure I sold him. No ā€œAhhh, Iā€™ll buy it at a high priceā€.

Ā 

Ā 

I found out how to beat that particular section on hardcoreĀ 

Ā 

fuku.png

Ā 

But boyo is this PC port trash, you have to keep restarting it after every section to resolve the memory induced framerate problems. It's really the worst PC port I've played in years and I have a pretty high tolerance for this sort of thing. Don't buy this game on PC, it's shit.

Ā 

Sections like that annoy me cause it's not always clear what kind of scripting decides when they end and I don't find the FPS with bad FoV as conducive to mucking around fighting things like Leon in RE4. Which even tho the controls are stiff the way that game is designed, how it is paced and everything just flows excellently. Old stuff can still be great, right now this game is purely a visual feast but underneath it might be a bit bony but I'm still very early in.

I thought if I can't play this one, maybe I'll try a watch on YouTube. Previously the viewĀ was removed enough that I could actuallyĀ watch RE7.

It was going ok, I was enjoying what I was watching without issue.Ā Until theĀ rotating model castle puzzle...?

I hope the mainline series goes back to third person soon...

I know... just saying a return to third person doesn't mean a return to the games, there's two brilliant one's he could be playing right now.?ā€ā™‚ļø

The opening section is fucked up on hardcore though, it's a really bad experience. I prefer it when games let you choose in the middle of playthrough if you really want to play on that difficulty. You don't generally expect Resident Evil to be so action packed these days, I'd thought they'd let up on that stuff

Ā 

They're clearly trying to go for a RE4 thing here but I still need convincing

I'd straight up say you're giving yourself a reason to hate the game playing Hardcore from the get go... hisĀ choice of course.

Ā 

Ā 

• Nag changed the title to Resident Evil VillagešŸ§Ÿā€ā™€ļø