passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Genesis Noir

DANGERMAN

Credit to Genesis Noir for having an unusual story. Before time and existence a good give physical form to his experiences to make sense of the world, falls for a beautiful jazz singer (also a god), her ex gets jealous (also a god), and kills her. The explosion from his gun is the big bang that starts the universe as we understand it, and you travel through time to find a way to make the bullet miss her, something you can do because you don't experience time as we do. All of this is jazz themed, but you'll bounce through various times, from cavemen to feudal japan and so on

As a game, its not really anything special. I've played it on pc and did everything with the mouse, it's almost always a case of clicking on something or spinning something, it's rare the puzzle itself is especially difficult. What can be difficult is knowing what's expected of you. I got stuck really early on because I didn't realise I could click on something, and that was all I had to do to move on. I've had it be temperamental too with what you're clicking on which has again led me to being stuck on very simple puzzles. 

The only but I had was on a clock puzzle later in the game. I needed to set a particular time, but I couldn't back out from the clock view to see the time again. I think something similar may have happened earlier in the game too looking at the clue board.

It's not great but there's some cool things to look at, it's original and I could see some people really clicking with it, it didn't really do it for me though

I played an hour and a bit last night. It's got great style, but little in the way of substance. I never really got stuck on anything, but did have a couple of moments where I took a couple of minutes to work out what mouse movement I needed to to this time.

I booted it up again earlier, and it doesn't appear to have saved my progress, so it's probably getting uninstalled.

I completed this last night too.

Like you say the gameplay is pretty much non existent. Basically move the cursor or character around and press a button when the icon changes. 

But it is so artistically impressive, chilled out and easy going I just didn’t stop playing. I just zoned out and kept going. I did like some of the individual stories too, in particular the Japan one set in winter. 

I couldn’t really recommend it though. But if you have Game Pass I’d say it’s worth a download just to look at. Plus some people seem to really like it.

7B232F1F-4A39-43A0-A444-4D38446F1DCB.png