passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokémon Legends: Arceus

DisturbedSwan

A bit random post but I can't believe we first saw this game Feb last year. It feels like yesterday I was sitting in this same chair watching the direct and the reveal. This is the problem of living your life by video game release dates it all blurs by 

Funny, I thought the opposite and suspect I won't pick this up anymore. I held off on the last ones in favour of this and I guess I'll now pick those up instead 😂

Arceus looks more like a mobile game to me now, lots of pings and 'reward' sounds, rather than an interesting world to explore. I hope to be surprised by some deep gameplay but so far, I just don't see it. What am I missing? 😃

Is there going to be a story, or just endless quests? The video suggested a story but it looks a LOT like 1-off quests for the majority of the time.

Apparently it’s close to Monster Hunter where you start at the base, pick a mission, go out and do it, return. But instead of killing things it’s research.

It will depend on the missions them selves, I guess. If they are all go here and catch/scan this Pokemon, then that could become old very quick. But if they can create interesting and a variety of ways to do that it should be fun. 

I think it could work but we will see soon enough. 

• 2 weeks later...

So glad it reviewed well. Seems like it does look really bad but the gameplay is awesome. Shame they couldn't get the graphics to be good but oh well. New Pokemon time!! Feels like we haven't had new Pokemon since X/Y

If I like it it'll be marathon streams over the weekend. Oooooooh lets play some brand new style of Pokemon the reviews are what I needed. Very excited now 🙂

Kind of wondering if Switch is about to go and win the year with game 1 lol. I love Pokemon so much. If this game ends up being good, and I really like it. It's going to make it real hard for any other games this year.

Ho, ho, ho *Rubs hands together* 

I've watched a few reviews and I still don't really get it. The reviews I've watched have had some pretty stark criticisms yet the game has got good scores (one of those reviews was the Eurogamer one).

I'm still tempted to buy it, I've got a decent amount of credit at thegamecollection, but I'm also not sure I want to stop Shin Megami for this

Unsurprising but a huge success 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-01-31-pokemon-legends-arceus-is-uks-fourth-biggest-boxed-pokemon-launch-ever

Pokémon Legends: Arceus has become another big sales success story for the franchise - just two months after last November's Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.

Indeed, Legends: Arceus shifted more boxed copies in the UK than last year's pair of remakes, and is now the fourth-biggest boxed Pokémon launch in the UK of all time - behind Sun/Moon, Sword/Shield and Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby.

When you look at Pokémon games not launched as part of a pair, Legends: Arceus is the biggest ever release - a record previously held since 2000 by Pokémon Yellow on Game Boy

Glad this is so huge. Hopefully this informs how they make the next generation of Pokemon 

Think Legends just cemented itself as the future of mainline Pokemon games

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-04-pokemon-legends-arceus-sells-6-5m-copies-in-seven-days

Pokémon Legends: Arceus has shifted an enormous 6.5m copies in just one week, Nintendo has announced.

The Monster Hunter meets Pokémon Go-style adventure arrived for Nintendo Switch last Friday. Today, Nintendo of America announced global sales figures.

But it's worth comparing this to other Pokémon launches to see just how well Arceus is doing. Pokémon Sword and Shield, for example, sold 6m in its first week. Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee sold 3m.

Beat S&S sales. Which even though are essentially the same game still Legends beat the combined total of 2 games.

Wonder if that means from now on we'll get Pokemon Legends: Red and Pokemon Legends: Blue 

Imagine it I'm getting weepy just writing it 

There's still a lot of things I would like to see from the regular games bought forward in to Legends, and Legends is so basic there's loads of room to experiment and do new things based off itself, but I'm really happy with it's success because this is what I want Pokemon to be going forward. 

So pleased its done well, game deserves all the success it gets. 

A real revelation for the series and the first reinvention of the tried and true Pokémon formula. Arceus is very much an experimental base as well, just think of all the cool shit they could add into it in the future.