passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Splatoon 3

mmmark

This got me thinking about the announcements of previous Splatoon games and why this didn't quite work.  Because I do think the original is one of the best announcements at an E3.  It came out of nowhere, was pretty substantial and it came out just over 6 months later.  Similarly with Splatoon 2, minus the initial ”wtf is this?” feeling.

I little teaser with with a release probably over a year away doesn't really work here.

But I'm onboard for more Splatoon all that aside.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I liked Splatoon 1 and didn’t like Splatoon 2 and I think I realised the difference was because Splatoon 1 was on the Wii U which was solely played by Nintendo idiots who’s only shooter experience is Metroid Prime which is a game that aims for you so even in a game about shooting the fucking floor they were terrible and I would terrorise these fuckers until they curled over and were crying in their blankie 

Then Splatoon 2 came out on Switch which was more popular and the competition opened up to everyone and now I was the idiot crying in their blankie and I didn’t like it 😭

I have not watched the Splatoon 3 demo but this is where I’m at in case you were wondering 

I think I'm okay with this game just being purely iterative even though I ringed out Splatoon 2 pretty thoroughly and got really high ranked and took part in most of the Splatfests and had a bunch of good equipment and builds but it was a while ago now and I'm happy to do that again in a fresher package.

Can't say I'd feel the same about a Splatoon 4.  Something dramatic would have to happen there.

On 10/08/2022 at 19:07, DANGERMAN said:

Not helped that the way the Direct's are done now are so unrelentingly shit

not sure i would put it as strongly :lol: but yeah maybe these ones should be called something different, even as a big splatoon fan i don't want to watch 30 mins of every single thing in the game explained. glad i watched it later and skipped most of it.

i'm really looking forward to the game still anyway

What did everyone think?

Positive from me!

It was clearly very similar, although small tweaks seemed to speed things along. At least, it all felt somehow snappier.

I hope this carries through to the main game; while waiting for a match to start, you can still access the test room and (I think) the shops too, much better.

I loved the new levels (although they would have worked just as well in Splatoon 2).

Regardless, if this is where everyone moves, I'll be there too 🙂